British Council Schools Project Manager Job 2022
Career Kenya: British Council Schools Project Manager Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Schools Project Manager Job, Current Administration Jobs In Kenya,
Implementation of projects with a low level of complexity funded by British Council or by another client or funding mechanism. Leads the successful delivery of a range of projects from start to finish including managing the contract or project plan, managing client or internal stakeholders, successfully achieving reporting and meeting compliance standards. Or works within a larger programme or multi country programme on a particular component.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Has relationships with delivery partners and stakeholders within country and is able to procure services and contract delivery partners.
- Holds suppliers to account for delivering against contract.
- Ensure sound financial planning, working closely with finance teams to ensure British Council and client financial year plans are up to date.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly (re)forecasting is in place, by running regular reports in the SAP system on actuals, monitoring outstanding purchase orders, reviewing commitments, analysing and commenting on reasons for variances to plan and recommending corrective actions.
- Contributes to development of, owns and delivers on Project Management Plan
- Identifies risks in a project or programme and puts together mitigation strategies with SRO
- Responsible for internal and client, procurement, contracting, compliance and reporting pm
- Checks on and reports on compliance
As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role-specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Experience in managing projects from start to finish and familiarity with project life cycles.
- Understanding of procurement, evaluation, and reporting requirements of projects.
- Proven experience in managing project finances.
- Experience in managing stakeholders
- Project management qualification desirable.
- Foundation level Project Management certificate
Pay band: 6
Salary: KES 310,296.00
Contract type: Fixed Term, Two years
Alternative locations the role could be based: Kenya
Department: Cultural Engagement
Essential Requirements– Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
How to Apply
- Closing Date – 16 August 2022 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time
- Role could require some domestic and international travel as required by the programme and some out of hours and evening work responding to or driven by programme/portfolio needs