Career Opportunities at Jumia
Career Kenya: Career Opportunities at Jumia
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
About the role
This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments)
- Hub Transport Management
- Managing co-loader contracts and negotiating with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Dispute solving and MIS maintenance
- Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
- Publish daily capacity planning based on small / medium/ bulky percentage
- Return Shipment Management
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Financial Reconciliation
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network – RCA done for exact issue
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
- 7 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
We offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
About the Role
The Head of Performance (HOP) is responsible for Growth and Performance Steering for all our 3 ventures: Jumia E-Commerce, JumiaFood and JumiaPay. This will include yearly/monthly budget forecasting and bi-weekly review with our senior leadership in Kenya and across Africa.
The Head of Performance will be expected to share critical opinions on key business challenges in liaison with the CMO and CEO to formulate clear execution plans and to take calculated risks to achieve growth.
The Head of Performance is in charge of driving growth by:
- Leveraging the right channels by having full ownership of the Paid Online Marketing investment (in one of our top 3 biggest markets in Africa)
- Optimizing our CRM logics by leveraging our data science team in Kenya and in Dubai.
- Working closely with the Commercial, Operation and Logistics teams to unlock new customer segments or geographies in the country.
- Performance steering of Jumia E-Commerce, JumiaFood and JumiaPay
- Ownership of the growth of the 3 verticals of Jumia (E-Commerce, Food, Pay)
- Yearly/Monthly marketing budget forecast for the number 1 E-Commerce in Kenya
- Accountable for all performance channels (Paid Online Marketing, CRM and SEO) with support from our team based in Dubai
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a Major Consulting firm is an advantage
- Previous experience in leading growth for a fast-growing company in the tech/internet industry
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in international and entrepreneurial environment
- Sharp, analytical mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- Data analytics project and experience are a must including knowledge of the basic optimization algorithms
- Levelheaded and can express ideas in a clear and impactful manner
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving ecommerce business.
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.