Career Opportunities at Sidian Bank 2020
Career Kenya: Career Opportunities at Sidian Bank 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The candidate will be responsible for on boarding, managing existing and new SME clients, increasing uptake and usage of the Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Ensures achievement of targets and other goals outlined in the units Key Result Indicators.
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s lending policy and procedures.
- Loan origination for new and existing credit facilities within the limits and criteria stipulated by the Bank’s policy and guidelines.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customized to best meet the financial needs of SME customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank.
- Mine and analyse customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with clients to analyse needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative solutions to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts and Credit Risk to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate renewal of revolving lines of credit in a timely manner as guided by the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit Risk and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of facility covenants to ensure performance and profitability.
- Provide regular call reports for all facilities to enhance Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Monitor service delivery to bank customers to ensure high levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against inherent operational and business risks.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures, AML/CFT Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- University degree with minimum of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division
- KCSE B- with Maths – C+ and English – C+
- Diploma in Banking – CKIB/AKIB/ACIB
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking experience in a Managerial Position
- At least 3 Years in Relationship Management within the banking industry
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
Prospect, initiate and develop new Asset Finance and Insurance Premium Finance relationships with the aim of achieving set Asset Based Finance and Insurance Premium Finance targets and ensure the portfolios are within the Bank’s PAR and NPL targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Grow the Bank’s Asset Finance and Insurance Premium Finance book by growing relationship with prospective partners such as motor vehicle dealers, agents, retail clients, insurance companies, insurance brokers.
- Ensure that the product performance is monitored and evaluated on a continuous basis and reported.
- Grow existing relationships and develop new ones in the allocated market segment whilst growing Asset Based Finance and Insurance Premium Finance figures to meet set targets.
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports on new business generation.
- Identify, appraise and advice on viable market opportunities for Asset Based Finance and Insurance Premium Finance in the market.
- Assist in providing strategic direction for the Asset Based Finance and Insurance Premium Finance
- Call visits to Direct Customers, Dealers, Insurance Brokers, Agents, and Underwriters within Nairobi and Upcountry branches to ensure maximum support.
- Regularly conduct market intelligence on Insurance Premium Finance Products and update Management.
- Overseeing the relationship management of assigned dealers, Insurance brokers and Underwriters through maintenance of an effective call program.
- Continually review the business processes and recommend measures that are likely to improve efficiency.
- Ensure that all applications submitted comply with Credit Policy guidelines.
- Participate in the annual underwriter and partner Dealers review exercise.
- Train staff to ensure they have the necessary skills to drive product uptake.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with at least 4 years’ experience in Banking Operations
- Professional qualification is an added advantage e.g. CPA, ACCA
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the banking industry
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Good understanding of accounting and financial management issues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation and commercial awareness
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead teams to achieve goals and have strategic perspective