Cashier at Action Against Hunger USA 2020
Career Kenya: Cashier at Action Against Hunger USA 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The Positions and responsibilities:
The role reports hierarchically to the proram Manager and technically to the Roving Finance Assistant -Kenya Mission.
Objective 1: Manage Base Petty Cash
- Enter advance requests in the advance book;
- Prepare petty cash Payments for the Base for Field administrators to approve
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment.
- Enter purchase invoices in cash book excel to be imported to saga
- Close the cash account every month: physical counting, printing of accounting documents, check supporting documents;
- Consolidate Cash Forecast for the Base.
- Pay salary advances
Objective 2: Cash & Bank Management
- Organise and check the timely receipt of the bases’ monthly accounting
- Check accounting document information, including consistency between vouches and cash books, physical counting and balances;
- Check the bases’ electronic accounting consistency: accounting codes, project codes, budget lines, titles;
- Check and ensure invoice eligibility;
- Check accounting voucher submissions (translation, numbering, layout);
Objective 3: Review of documentation, filing & archiving
· Review of all Finance documentation at the base to ensure completeness.
· Double Filing and archiving at Base level per month per donor and filing of grants/ finance related documentation.
The above tasks are not limited and can be added to, modified or changed according to the changing needs of the department.
Objective 4: Human Resource Support
· Receiving and sharing of HR documents to new staff
· Sending of montly payroll alteration from the base to Nairobi
· Support any other HR’s activities at the base level
Internal & External relationships
- Communicate and exchange of information other departments within the organization and field staff.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the Roving Finance Assistant and Exchange of information
- Roving Finance Assistant: hierarchical relationship – technical support – exchange of information
- Logistics Officer: Payment of suppliers
- HR Manager: Exchange of information , general HR support/ clarification
- Suppliers : liaise with suppliers for any finance matters and payment
- Auditors: Provision of documents for audit
- Cash and Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Forecasts
- Monthly Accountancy.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management or its equivalent.
- Any level of CPA will be an added advantage
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work conditions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one year of professional finance or accounting experience, preferably in an NGO
- Knowledge of finance/accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills as well as verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in computer skills to include spread sheets, internet/e-mail, accounting package
- Knowledge of techniques used in maintaining balancing and classing accounts in an accounting system
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong desire to promote and implement continuous improvement endeavors