CHAK Project Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: CHAK Project Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Vacancy: Project Accountant
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), National faith-based organization of 576-member health units working in all the 47 counties of Kenya.
CHAK has a well-developed capacity and a vast and rich experience in the development and implementation of community health programmes across the Kenya, dating back to over 70 years.
CHAK is anticipating to implement a large and complex five-year USAID funded Community Health Networks (CHN) RMNCAH/FP project via a national subgrant from the Africa Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) in the counties of Kilifi and Kwale at the coast and Homabay and Migori south Nyanza region, with the objective of improving the capacity of the local community networks and primary health care systems to improve the uptake, access and utilization of RMNCAH/FP services thus reducing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in the two regions.
The organization is therefore seeking to recruit qualified potential staff to support the implementation and management of the project as described here below:-
Sector: Finance & Accounting
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Nairobi CHAK secretariat
Job Purpose: Support the country office in overseeing the financial management processes and documentation
- Maintenance of General Ledger, Accounts Analysis, Reconciliations and Review of the Trial Balance
- Ensure that all the bank and cash accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that outstanding items are followed up and cleared
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Preparation & Input of Journal Entries in the system with the approval of the Finance Manager
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end closing tasks that include, account analysis, reconciliations, accruals, journal entries, actual to forecast variance analysis etc.
- Ensure all incoming and out-going invoices are settled on time
- Ensure the compliance with all PAYE, VAT, Tax return and financial reporting requirements
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions
- Review cash requests and disburse funds for program expenses
- Ensure opening and maintaining project codes by regular updating of project information and linking of codes
- Liaise with the external auditors and managing the annual audit process
- Monitor and follow up of audit recommendations for the project under management.
- Prepare timely and quality financial reports
- Record accounts payables and receivables
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Any other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- CPA (K)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience, at least within a donor funded nonprofit organization
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Flexibility at work
- Proactive, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Excellent analytical report writing skills
- Team player
- Ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Strong technical skills, including MS Excel, and ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff, partners and donors
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote areas
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of two Referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Closing date for receiving all applications is February 07, 2020. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)
Applicants must indicate their preferred county in their Ref: Line i.e. Application for PO Community RMNCAH/FP, ( County-Kilifi or Kwale or Homabay or Migori.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Therefore we will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.