Chef Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Chef Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Chef
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Create and regularly update reasonably budgeted a la carte and buffet menus.
- All menus must be accompanied by corresponding recipes.
- Price menu items and control food costs.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level and investigate customer complaints relating to F&B department.
- Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and present reports on stock levels and kitchen inventories.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for kitchen stock.
- Inspect kitchens, pantries and any other work facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance.
- Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards.
- Ensure high standards of food presentation techniques.
- Creative and Dynamic – The successful applicant must be able to put his/her own stamp on dishes to create new combinations. The candidate will be required to constantly experiment with new flavors and have a passion for using fresh ingredients, including the ability to plant or take care of fresh herbs or vegetables.
- Management – Must be able to manage junior staff, delegate responsibility and work closely with others.
- Flexibility – The chef needs to be prepared to work flexible shifts due to the dynamic nature of the job.
- Organization – Must be able to plan ahead and consistently produce high quality food while referencing standardized recipes
- Diploma Holder in Hotel management or Hospitality.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a two year college degree and 3 or more related years of experience, or a 4 year college degree and one year of related experience
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer literate
- Exceptional customer service skills
How to Apply
Apply by sending your application to email@example.com
Deadline: 26th January 2020.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.