Chief Officer Public Health 2022
Career Kenya: Chief Officer Public Health 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Migori County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Article 176 and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012 Section 59(1)(b).
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member. The Fourteen (14) posts will be as follows: (Applicants should specify the portfolio for which they wish to head.)
Chief Officer Public Health
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
Duties and Responsibilities
• The administration of a County department
• Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
• Implementation of policies and regulations
• Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
• Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenya citizen.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree (relevant to the portfolio applied) from a university recognized in Kenya
• Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing.
• Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 7 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
• Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
• Demonstrate through understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
• Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
• Be computer literate.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 28th September, 2022 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
5. Successful candidates shall be required to produce clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of The Constitution of Kenya:
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department
• Credit Reference Bureau
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER