Chief Pathologist at Nairobi Hospital
Career Kenya: Chief Pathologist at Nairobi Hospital
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Reporting to Director Medical Services the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management oversight in the pathology department and ensure delivery of quality and timely pathology services to patients in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
- The Chief Pathologist will be expected to manage the Laboratory department to maintain timely and efficient patient flow in line with Hospital targets while ensuring staffing levels at all times.
- Develop, review, and ensure compliance to pathology protocols and standards in consultation with other clinical departments in order to ensure quality pathology service delivery in the hospital.
- Ensure delivery of patient centric pathology services in line with established protocols and to contribute to overall patience experience.
- Review and develop strategies for early and effective response to the patients presented to pathology department.
- Coordinate medical training including Continuous Medical Education programs for the clinical staff at pathology department.
- Bear overall responsibility pathology clinical staff, supervise and mentor the pathologists in the management, stabilization, and treatment of all patients.
- Champion the definition of processes, policies, and procedures for the pathology operations in line with the Hospital’s objectives and standards.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the clinical services in pathology and identify improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices, identify key learnings for the pathology operations and proffer recommendations to the Director, Medical Services.
- Ensure proper coordination between clinical services at pathology with respect to talent sourcing and retention, service delivery and patients care.
- Setting of annual plans in line with TNH Strategy 2019-2024
- Design output measurements of the staff.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and evaluating key performance indicators for the team.
- In liaison with the Director, Medical Services & Research, prepare departmental annual plans that are aligned to the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate implementation of the Hospital’s quality programs in pathology department.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Deputy Director Medical Services.
- Provide clinical support during emergencies including resuscitation, admission, discharge or referral to the appropriate consultants and units.
- Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives.
- Prepare the department budget and monitor its implementation upon approval.
- Identify, deploy, and motivate the pathology team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Be able to participate in the hospital general Laboratory rota.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary environment including attending and participating in multidisciplinary clinical meetings Tumor Board and Mortality meetings etc.
- Play an active role in the management and organization of the laboratory department and participate in teaching, researching and audit.
- Have the ability to lead when appropriate and work independently with no or little supervision and supervise others.
- Show evidence of personal development through publications and research in the field of laboratory.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Master of Medicine degree in Clinical Pathology from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in clinical pathology with 5 years at management level.
- Administration qualifications (MBA, HCM) will be an added advantage
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 23rd July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.