Clinical Medicine Lecturer at WE
Career Kenya: Clinical Medicine Lecturer at WE
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Reporting to: Associate Director
Teaching and evaluating of diploma students in Clinical Medicine and Surgery; Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking of examinations; Mentoring the diploma students on academic areas
Roles and responsibilities
- Training students in the Department of Clinical Medicine in accordance with the syllabus stipulated by the Ministry of Education
- Participate in development, review and implementation of the curriculum to ensure alignment of course
- Prepare course materials through review of existing information on the respective subject matter such as books and research journals for effective delivery of course content to students in class.
- Ensuring a close collaboration with the skills lab manager in implementing learning experiences and student appraisal in the practical area.
- Preparing lessons for the theoretical content from teaching terms and schedules.
- Evaluate students’ understanding of concepts through setting, administrating, marking and moderating continuous assessment tests and examinations.
- Assessment of the progress of the students during their training, in consultation with the head of department, trainers and clinical instructors.
- Ensure CATs, examinations and other forms of assessments are administered within the stipulated times, all grading is done and results returned to students.
- Maintain records of students’ assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Take students through practical lessons in the laboratory for better understanding of concepts learnt in class.
- Supervise students on clinical rotation to ensure they can relate theory knowledge to industry practice.
- Participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Must at least have a minimum of a Higher National Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or degree in from a recognized University.
- Must be registered with Clinical Officers Council.
- Work experience to include 3-5 years teaching experience
Be proficient in computer applications
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of teaching
- Teaching evaluation and pass rates
- Supervision and mentoring of students
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.