Co-op Bank Debt Collection Manager Job July 2022
Career Kenya: Co-op Bank Debt Collection Manager Job July 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Debt Collection Manager Job, Banking Jobs Kenya 2022,
Debt Collection Manager (REF: CCBI/DCM/07/22)
Job expires on August 1, 2022
Responsible for maintaining a complete debt collection portfolio, working with delinquent clients to reduce non-performing loans both in amounts and number of accounts
- Management of debt
- Cost efficiency
- Performance Management
- Promotion of a positive corporate image
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the assigned portfolio and recommend for approval turnaround propositions, strategies and actions that would lead to the recovery of the NPLs.
- Negotiate for repayment with problem account holders during recovery, and enforce remedial measures taken such as restructuring, auctions, etc in the interest of the Sacco.
- Attend/appear in court for hearings or as a witness when required and public auctions as the Sacco’s representatives.
- Manage customer relationships where turnaround strategies have been activated to ensure the cure of accounts as well as manage the credit risk exposure.
- Proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external including service providers, potential off-takers of assets held as collateral, etc.
- Regularly share lessons learned with all credit actors for future prevention.
- Prepare and submit regular recovery and write-off reports as required.
- Check and verify the accuracy, and completeness of all the relevant documents and balances before the commencement of hard recovery.
- Ensure timely issue of relevant notices to customers that form the debt recovery process, ensure that all 90+ days past due files are properly maintained and have up-to-date file notes and ensure data integrity for all 90+ days past due is maintained.
- Evaluate cost/benefits, identify appropriate alternatives and make recommendations on innovative initiatives to reduce recovery costs and improve efficiency.
- Recommend payment to service providers.
- Appraise the performance of debt recovery officers.
- Ensure compliance with the laid down policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related course.
- CCP/CPA will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience in a management level of a debt collection organization/financial institution.
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Great time management and organization skills.
- Strong negotiating, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, and Excel.
- Able to work well as a team and on own initiative.
- High integrity.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 1st August 2022. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 19th August 2022, consider your application as unsuccessful.