Concern Worldwide Officer, Livelihoods Job 2022
Career Kenya: Concern Worldwide Officer, Livelihoods Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Officer, Livelihoods Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Job Title: Officer, Livelihoods
Technically: Consortium Programme Manager
Administratively: County Programme Manager
Direct Reports: Field Assistant
Closely Work with: Other Concern program team and relevant county departments
Job Location: Lodwar, Turkana (Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Kenya at the time of application – National Position)
Contract Details: Fixed Term, 10 (Ten) Months
He/she will be responsible for quality programme delivery at the Sub County level through technical leadership in food security, livelihoods and community engagement in various sub Counties of Marsabit County in close consultation with manager livelihoods.
He/she will be responsible for timely implementation of program activities guided by the annual work plan and informed by program technical approaches in close collaboration with ward field assistants, sub county government officials and community leaders/members in implementation of joint plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the ward development assistants, local partners and Sub-county government line officers in charge of key sectors including department of agriculture livestock and fisheries, Water environment and Natural resources, trade, industry and enterprise development amongst others to establish a collaborative working environment; implement high impact and evidence informed interventions.
- Lead in the day to day livelihoods program implementation and prudent utilization of resources towards meeting the program mandate in line with the approved work plan, organization policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Foster linkages with partners and other stakeholders in public and private sector in the Sub-county to enhance synergy, collaboration and learning.
- Represent Concern Worldwide at sub-county level livelihoods related technical and coordination forums in: Natural Resources Management, livestock sector forums, agriculture sector forums, WESCOORD, contingency planning and early warning systems, social protection systems and cash transfer programming, and others as will be specified by the line manager.
- Play an active role in generation of new knowledge through documentation of informal interactions and feedback sessions with communities and through participating/supporting surveys and other assessments; and documenting lessons learnt and success stories.
- Contribute to the development of the annual work plan and quarterly costed work plan and support in tracking implementation and reporting.
- Support in the implementation of Concern integrated approaches in education, livelihoods, health and nutrition at community level liaising closely with Technical Managers Health & Nutrition, Livelihoods, and Education and government service providers to ensure organized community groups have adequate technical support to develop and implement their action plans that address barriers to basic service delivery.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor to monitor progress, receive community feedback, check on the quality and impact of activities approved in the annual program proposal, and quarterly costed work plans.
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary.
- Take all possible measures to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Livestock Production, Crop Production, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management, Climate Smart Agriculture, Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction, Animal health, Water supply systems, Natural Resource Management, Pastoral Field Schools, Making Markets work for the Poor and Value Chains Development.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing livelihoods programs in ASAL areas.
- Fluency in spoken and written language in English and Swahili
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Good computing and report writing skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
- Strong leadership and management skills
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner and to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Trustworthy, honest and reliable
- Willing to challenge or question others constructively when appropriate
- Ready to accept changes as new situations arise
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a consultancy opportunity with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their consultancy contract. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to do consultancy work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, being hired as a consultant with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “Officer, Livelihoods – Turkana ’’ on or before Wednesday 10th August 2022 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (for application, written test, interview, training, medical examination etc.) nor act through recruitment agents. This is applicable for all opportunities including staff and interns.