Credit Risk Manager at Momentum Credit 2019
Career Kenya: Credit Risk Manager at Momentum Credit 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Momentum Credit was founded in March 2017 to meet the overwhelming market need of providing structured working capital solutions to Individuals and Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs). At Momentum Credit we believe in “Expanding Your Possibilities”.
Our focus is to provide structured solutions that make credit easily and readily accessible to those that can afford such financing, whom in most cases, would be undeservedly labelled as unbankable.
It is our vision to transform the structured non-bank finance sector across Africa. To date, we have disbursed KES 700M+ shillings to over 2,500 individuals and SMEs. Our goal is to have a profitable presence in Uganda and Tanzania by 2020.
This is a great opportunity to take ownership and grow with Kenya’s leading non-bank lender. Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for management of the overall Credit Risk operations of the Company.
- Ensure we deliver a service Turn Around Time (“TAT”) promise of less than 24 hours
- Maintain PAR levels within acceptable limits.
- Use big data to develop both offensive and defensive lending strategies that shall support aggressive high-quality growth.
- Navigate the development of credit evaluation techniques and processes for new products.
- Maintain good working relationships and deliver exceptional service with the commission-based agency workforce totalling over 200 Pax+ across the country.
- Lead process improvement to drive efficiency and ensure credit processes beat evolving fraud trends and support companywide training initiatives for knowledge transfer.
- Lead the migration to digital/automated credit evaluation.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with responsibilities across Africa as we expand our team and products. Our business is growing at over 50% annually.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a graduate with 5+ years of experience in a credit risk management role (not necessarily lending)
- Have previous experience working with and commission-based agency workforce / previous direct sales experience.
- You are likeable but assertive and can build great relationships.
- You have 2+ years’ experience managing a team (~5 employees)
- You have experience working with SMEs and in the micro-industry, whether Finance or Otherwise.
- You have a passion for excellence in the delivery of a world-class customer service.
- You would enjoy working in a fast pace, fast growth and dynamic environment.
- You are an analytical thinker with a passion for statistical analysis involving big data and can think both defensively and offensively.
- You have international exposure (education or work experience) or have worked with Global or Regional MNCs.