Equity Bank Technology Assurance Manager Job August 2022
Career Kenya: Equity Bank Technology Assurance Manager Job August 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Technology Assurance Manager Job, Banking Jobs Kenya 2022,
Technology Assurance Manager – IT Processes:The technology assurance manager manages a group of technology assurance analysts who evaluate, test, and validate IT processes and procedures across the IT department and in the solution development pipeline. They should have the ability to quickly assess and understand the functions and objectives of each IT unit as well as the risks, key controls, processes, and SOPs.
A key distinction for this role will be the involvement of the technology assurance manager in not only assessing control and process gaps, but also supporting the first-line teams to remediate the identified gaps and improve their processes.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Developing comprehensive assessment plans and checklists for IT controls and PnPs (policies, processes, and standard operating procedures)
- Assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls as implemented in the process and standard operating procedures across IT units
- Assessment of conformance and adherence to IT and IS PnPs (policies, processes, and standard operating procedures)
- Benchmarking IT and IS processes and standard operating procedures against ISO standards i.e., ISO 27001 and ISO 20000
- As a result of the assurance work, identifying gaps in control design and implementation, policy process and SOP gaps
- Developing remediation plans for control and PnP gaps and supporting first-line IT teams in implementation
- Developing an effective technology assurance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all staff and managers
- Manage immediate reports to ensure unit objectives and KPIs are met in a timely manner
- Provide timely progress reports for assigned tasks/projects and support the monthly, quarterly, and annual management and Board level reporting.
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity
- Be a team leader and integrator with good management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an agile workplace and effectively balance multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Good understanding of IT controls and technology assurance frameworks
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as MS Azure and AWS
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the SDLC process, DevOps, and Agile methods
- Understanding of key internal controls and risk management frameworks
Academic Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Technology in the fields of Technology assurance, IT / IS Audit and/or Software Quality Assurance with a minimum of 1 year in a management role
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related field
- Recognized professional certification relevant to technology assurance e.g., CISA, CISM, CSQA, ISTQB etc.
- Specific experience working with enterprise cloud-based solutions such as MS Azure, AWS, etc.
- Preferred – ITIL or ISO 20000 certification
- Preferred – Experience in working in a banking environment will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Apply for the job here