Garage Workshop Manager Job in Kenya 2022
Career Kenya: Garage Workshop Manager Job in Kenya 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our client is a garage that offers the auto servicing, repairs & maintenance of all types of vehicles.
We are looking for a Workshop Manager for one of their branches.
Position: Garage Workshop Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job Brief: You will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
You will coordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job. Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Operations Director. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Work with the Operations Director to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with the team to identify appropriate courses of action.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Review customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician’s repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in mechanical or automobile engineering.
- Good Communication Skills, Teamwork skills and analytical Skills.
- Spare parts knowledge.
- 3 years, relevant working experience
- 2 years of which should be in a similar position.
How to Apply
If you qualify, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Garage Workshop Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.