General Manager at Moko Home + Living 2019
Career Kenya: General Manager at Moko Home + Living 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Our 200-person strong team has reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products so far, and we’re just getting started. Join us in bringing the dream of a smiley home to millions more.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s General Manager oversees our core operations and B2B sales functions – scaling our supply chain and distribution to reach millions of customers while guiding the team responsible for the majority of company revenue. You’ll be a strong cross-functional leader, excited to solve big problems like building out a local network of contract manufactured furniture suppliers and delivering smiles to thousands of customers each month. You’ll be obsessed with order and efficiency, creating and improving systems to organize and streamline the work of your team as it expands. This role is similar to our Head of Operations & Supply Chain role, with the additional responsibility of leading a major sales function. It’s ideal for strong operations or cross-functional leaders excited by the prospect of leading diverse teams. We will only select one candidate between these two roles, based on candidates’ best fit.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Moko’s products are made from “the good stuff”, and it’s always on-hand
- Manage and expand a network of the best suppliers in Kenya and around the world – for factory raw materials and contract manufactured furniture products.
- Define and implement quality standards/controls to ensure we receive the top-quality materials and products every time.
- Level-up our inventory management, making stock-outs a thing of the past.
- Ensure a scalable, diverse supply base that delivers increasing volumes as we continue to grow.
Make WOW deliveries at the scale every time
- Manage and grow our consumer and B2B distribution operations to efficiently deliver every order on time – from 800 to 7,000 home deliveries per month within the next two years.
- Make home deliveries – a major touchpoint with our customers – a smiley Moko experience.
- Run one of the most efficient delivery operations East Africa has ever seen – operating within cost per unit volume and cost per product targets.
Keep & secure a happy home for Moko
- Ensure strong systems and SOPs are in place for all inventory movements – every warehouse passes regular stock audits with flying colors.
- Coordinate environment, health and safety initiatives across the company, ensuring high standards are adhered to in order to achieve a safe work environment.
- Ensure strong facility management and security protocols in place throughout our warehouse and factory facilities.
Keep our B2B customers smiling
- Lead our B2B sales team – responsible for 80% of revenue – in steadily growing monthly sales in line with targets
- Work across departments to ensure a world-class experience for B2B customers at every touchpoint
Lead like a Moko-er
- Serve on our Senior Leadership Team, setting the organization-wide strategy and coordinating with other functional leads.
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, growing their capacity and building the next generation of Moko leaders.
- Maintain a high-performance culture, setting ambitious targets and rewarding outstanding accomplishments.
- Build an environment that is direct and honest, encourages initiative and puts our customers’ smiles first.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You are eager to take responsibility for multiple functional areas at a senior leadership level and energized to build an extraordinary Home + Living brand.
- You have deep experience in supply chain and distribution
- You are an adaptable leader, with experience leading large teams through periods of change, and a track record of motivating and developing your direct reports toward outstanding results.
- You are highly systems-oriented, matching your process improvement toolkit with a strong understanding of cost controls to drive value addition through efficiency.
- You are a strong strategic planner, translating the company’s goals into measurable outcomes that guide your team to success.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem solver, using a sharp understanding of the bigger picture to effectively overcome operational hurdles.
- You are able to optimize cross-functional processes, for example, working across sales, operations, and finance to optimize B2B customer service experience.
- You can combine analyses of sales data and market knowledge to help set winning sales priorities and strategies.
Interested and qualified? Go to Moko Home and Living career website on docs.google.com to apply