Head of Finance 2022
Career Kenya: Head of Finance 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Oversee and control activities day to day of finance and operations departments in line with company’s strategic objectives, approved budgets and internal control systems and procedures;
2. Manage the planning, forecasting, and management reporting cycle. Establish and monitor key business indicators and add value to the business through sound analysis and risk assessment enabling proactive recommendations to the various stakeholders;
3. Provide leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the company;
4. Lead in the preparation of annual operating budget and in the development of business plans for the company in collaboration with other departments;
5. Implement timely, regular and accurate preparation, analysis and reporting of operational, compliance and financial information for all business activities in line with industry best practices and company’s strategic objectives and board requirements
6. Undertake treasury management including weekly, monthly and quarterly monthly cash flow planning and coordination with the banks;
7. Ensure all Tax obligations are accurately computed and remitted in time;
8. Maintain and manage relationships with financial institutions, underwriters, suppliers, auditors and regulatory bodies.
9. Develop and implement relevant financial and operational control systems, key performance targets, indicators and matrices over financial and healthcare operations activities ensure sufficient and timely oversight and visibility by the
CEO ,Board, Senior Management, Departments and other stakeholders.
10. Provide Leadership to achieve high performance by ensuring employee development, engagement and motivation.
Skills & Competencies
● Business Acumen
● Strategic thinking
● Excellent communication skills
● Drive for Results
● Highly Analytical and Numerate
● Planning and Organizing Skills
● People Management Skills
● Leadership Effectiveness
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a relevant business field from any recognized University.
● Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
● Relevant professional qualifications including CPAK, ACCA, CFA etc.
● Membership of a relevant professional body in good standing.
● Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience, six (6) of which should be in a Senior Management level.