Head of Product at GOODINFO
Career Kenya: Head of Product at GOODINFO
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our client, a start-up in digital logistics is on a mission to simplify and reduce the cost of logistics for customers in Africa. The customer offers a range of logistics products including Uber-for-Trucks. This helps customers hail transport vehicles and monitor the movement of their goods in real-time. Some of our most recent achievements include being voted Africa’s Top Startup to watch in 2021 and raising millions of dollars in capital to expand across Africa.
The primary role of the Head of Product is to build and lead a team whose mission is to take our customer’s complex problems and design elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight them. Solutions users love and want to use. The team you build and run will continuously listen to our customers’ needs and pain-points; design simple, elegant solutions that resolve these needs and pain-points; validate proposed designs with customers; and ensure all downstream teams engineer and quickly deliver products, features, and services consistent with approved/validated designs.
You and your team will be the primary interface between our customers and our internal organization – especially the engineering and maintenance teams.
As Head of Product, you will be required to have the following key qualifications:
- 5+ years in Product Design, User Experience (UX) design, or related field.
- 3+ years building and leading Product Design and/or UX/UI teams.
- A very high degree of empathy.
- Excellent Listening Skills.
- A deep passion & appreciation for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional talent in articulating your work and presenting your ideas (Excellent written, oral and presentation skills). Ability to present work to large groups and executives.
- Documenting interaction details, visual design specifications, and QA of the implemented product.
- Enthusiasm and history working in an iterative design process; motivated by group critique.
- Excellent Planning and Organization Skills.
- Experience in both designing and leading teams to design digital products from conception to completion.
- Ability to lead and manage several complex projects simultaneously.
- Fluency in cutting-edge design principles, tools, systems, and methodologies including (but not limited to)
- Figma, Adobe XD, Sketchup, Miro, Photoshop, Illustrator et al.
- User Experience Research
- Usability Testing
- User Interface Design
- Applied Psychology in Design
- Product Design & Lean Startup Methodologies
OTHER REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A passion for team building; and leading/coaching teams and team members to achieve their fullest potential.
- Key advocate for user experience.
- Prior experience working within and contributing to a design system is a plus.
- BA in design-related studies is a plus.
- Prototyping skills are a plus.
- Experience building and running software engineering teams is a plus.
Our customer is very interested in individuals with the above-mentioned requirements. The more experienced & skilled, the better. They highly value both a good attitude and personality and place a lot of emphasis on these “soft skills” including passion, drive, integrity, and empathy.
Our customer is looking for someone who aims high, doesn’t play it safe, and is willing to push boundaries. They love innovative, creative problem-solvers who are not afraid to try new things and fail.
The role if for you if you:
- Want to be on a team where design and user experience is represented, prioritized, and defended.
- Want to work on a team where the best ideas win regardless of source.
- Want to work on a team where trust, sharing, and healthy debate are the norm.
- Want to be on a team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals.
- Want to work on a team that develops effective processes that ensure success.
Please send your CV and LinkedIn Profile to [email protected] with a bold title, HEAD OF PRODUCT.
With this email, indicate your:
- Current salary
- Expected salary
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only – if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- GOODINFO reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment for any advertised role.
- All appointments will be made in line with GOODINFO’S Employment Equity Plan and Policies.
- All applications will be treated confidentially.