Health and Safety Officer Job in Banana, Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: Health and Safety Officer Job in Banana, Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Health and Safety Officer
Nature of Job: Full Time
Industry: Recycling Plant
Salary: KShs. 50,000
Job Location: Banana
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out inspections of workplaces and takes necessary action to ensure compliance.
- Assist in responding to and investigating concerns/complaints from workers/employers and assists in taking appropriate action. Assists in investigating accidents or injuries that occur in the workplace.
- Lead in the establishment of workplace safety and health committees.
- Leading in the delivery of related educational programs and disseminates information to the public.
- Steer in carrying out industrial hygiene surveys.
- Preparation of various health and safety reports, documents and forms.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3 plus years’ relevant experience as a Health and Safety Officer in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge and experience in Health and Safety processes
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Experience managing a team
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position s filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.