HEALTH SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING (HSS)/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) LEAD 2022
Career Kenya: HEALTH SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING (HSS)/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) LEAD 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
EXTERNAL JOB VACANCIES (PROJECT POSITION)
Applications are invited for the following position:
HEALTH SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING (HSS)/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) LEAD, USAID FAHARI YA JAMII PROJECT AD/9/99/22– 1 POST
The University of Nairobi has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support implementation of the Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (HIV, FP/RMNCAH, Nutrition and WASH) in Nairobi and Kajiado Counties through the USAID Fahari ya Jamii Project. For successful implementation, the Project seeks to competitively fill the above position.
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi and Kajiado.
The HSS/QI lead is responsible for providing coordination oversight and technical assistance to program staff to ensure that project activities are effectively implemented. S/he will also be involved in designing capacity building and other implementation strategies for stakeholders as well as contributing to program-wide learning. The HSS/QI lead will work in collaboration with the other Technical Leads and team members to ensure coordinated efforts and a systematic approach to implementing program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Keep abreast of developments in county health system priorities and investments as well as program changes and progress to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase Project and Program performances and results.
2. Liaise with stakeholders at all levels to facilitate implementation of HSS activities.
3. Provide technical support to county/sub county/facility Teams to develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans aligned to the County HIV/ AIDS, TB strategic plans.
4. Support all program/county teams to improve data use for the decentralized HIV, TB response.
5. Work closely across other technical leads and S/County teams to support coordinated investments in health systems infrastructure and connectivity directly aligned and partnering with relevant stakeholders as well as other IPs
6. Build capacity of program/facility teams in M&E and Quality Improvement for the Decentralized response.
7. Coordinate the review and analysis of program reports to identify and act on potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of implementation and reporting.
8. Provide appropriate and facilitative follow-up actions to ensure effective implementation of project strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:
o Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, or Health Management or related field.
o Seven (7) years of experience in public health programs with at least four (4) years exposure to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded programs and in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
o Must have prior experience in capacity building, such as developing content, planning, and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
o Demonstrable experience in health systems strengthening.
Terms of appointment
This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience.
1. Applicants should email their application letters, certified copies of certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
2. Applications and related documents should be forwarded through applicants’ Heads of Departments, where applicable, and be addressed to the Director, Human Resource, University of Nairobi.
3. Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
4. The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
5. Late applications will not be considered. 6. Applications should be emailed as one file in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2022
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.