HR Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: HR Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: HR Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager / Consultant
Job Summary / Purpose: A HR Consulting company is looking for a HR Assistant.
The right candidate must have basic HR skills, the right qualifications and 2 years’ experience in generalist HR management in SME and small organizations.
He/she will learn strategic aspects of HR within SME / small organisations.
The right candidate will assist in making sure excellent HR systems are implemented and maintained within client organisations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Offer end-to-end recruitment services
- Maintain excellent HR documentation
- Advise management and staff on best practices in HR management
- Offer department managers support with their HR needs
- Act as a liaison between management and staff
- Assist in Performance Management
- Assist with Training and Development processes, carry out some training
- Collate learning needs and prepare analyses
- Prepare and maintain records
- Write HR policies and procedures and HR manuals/handbooks
- Maintain personnel files and documentation, prepare staff correspondence letters and ensure statutory regulations are followed
- Prepare employment contracts and other documents relating to terms and conditions of employment and joining formalities for new staff and casuals
- Ensure timely renewal of contracts and agreements
- Ensure records are kept in line with legislative requirements
- Responsible for staff welfare
- Assist in preparing and managing Payroll
- Client service skills
- Will be involved in business development activities
Skills and Qualifications
- At least two (2) years working experience in a busy HR office
- Knowledge and experience in generalist HR issues
- Strong emotional Intelligence
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated maturity in dealing with workplace HR issues
- A problem solver
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (or other discipline with a diploma in HR)
- A post graduate diploma in HR
- Holder of the required registrations and certifications to practice HR in Kenya
- Experience in preparing contracts and job offers
- Experience supporting departmental managers on HR matters
- Must work within deadlines, be a responsive and energetic team player
- Must have expertise in using MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to make effective judgment with available data/knowledge
- Must have the ability to build relationships and interact sensitively to achieve work goals
- Should have strong planning and organization skills with proven ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
How to Apply:
This vacancy announcement is by Fanisi HR Solutions.
Interested candidates should email their CV, quoting the job title (HR Assistant) in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th January 2020.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.