Human Resource Specialist Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Human Resource Specialist Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our Client is a leading provider of insurance covers seeks to fill the position of Human Resource Specialist.
This role responsible for the implementing the HR and Learning & Development functions in the organization.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. To create design and deliver the statutory, mandatory, developmental and organizational change training requirements for new and existing staff in both across all areas of the organization.
ii. Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training.
iii. To create design and deliver L&D solutions to support the organizational change and development outlined in the overall L&D strategy using a blend of methodologies including computer based, self-managed learning, remote delivery, management cascade, class room and on job learning as appropriate.
iv. Ensuring that every L&D intervention has clear business focused aims that enable robust evaluation of the event’s effectiveness, and measurement of return on investment.
v. Undertake evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the event, and report against agreed KPIs.
vi. To provide development by coaching and one on one support where the need for this has been established.
vii. To record, collate and retain management information to demonstrate progress against KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
viii. To contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, Intranet, paper etc.
ix. To keep up to date with current thinking on training practice and methods; e-learning development and ‘rapid’ on-line software technology.
x. Answering training related issues and provide high quality customer service across the organisation.
xi. Managing the company’s employee relations and ensuring adherence to the Employment Act and employee terns and conditions of service.
xii. Development and implementing sound human capital management policies aligned to the business strategies to support the smooth running of the Company’s operations.
xiii. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Possess professional qualification in Human Resource Management with a minimum of diploma from IHRM/KIM
- Member of IHRM
- MS office skills, proficient in Ms Excel and numerically inclined
- At least 5 years generalist working experience in HR or any specialist HR role eg L & D
- Experience using a HRMIS system
- Conversant with various labour laws and their application.
Skills and Attributes
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet datelines
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment and perform independently
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Human Resources Specialist to email@example.com.
Indicate your expected salary.