IEK Policy, Research and Advocacy Manager Job in Kenya (200K) 2021
Career Kenya: IEK Policy, Research and Advocacy Manager Job in Kenya (200K) 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Vacant Position: POLICY, RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY MANAGER
Reporting to: CEO
Salary Range: KES 100,000 – 200,000
Job Summary: Our client The Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) established in 1972 is the learned society of the engineering profession and co-operates with national and other international institutions in developing and applying engineering to the benefit of humanity.
IEK is looking to recruit a Policy, Research and Advocacy Manager who will be responsible in Leading the policy unit. Including the research coordination, policy engagement at regional level and expected to work closely with the senior management team, members, and strategic partners to provide leadership and strategic guidance in shaping the overall policy directions.
Job role and responsibilities
- The manager is in charge of the policy, research and advocacy relating to engineering profession and practice.
- Pursue advocacy on public policy and legislation responsive to the society in matters related to infrastructure, Manufacturing, Telecommunication and General Engineering practice.
- Assist the council to advise and provide technical support to government, parliament and the different public forums in policy, legislation and constitutional implementation on matters
affecting the Engineering profession.
- Review legislation to align engineering practice to global best practices.
- Coordinate publication of engineering best practices, guidelines, and manuals, IEK journals, magazines.
- Develop and implement, knowledge management strategy and activities including e- libraries, linkages with external and local publications relevant to Engineering practice.
- Develop proposals for funding, collaborations, and partnership.
- Maintain effective partnerships and collaborations.
- Coordinate IEK research programmes including development of the infrastructure score card.
- In collaboration with relevant State Agency, coordinate independent investigations.
- Organise IEK annual international Engineer’s conference and World Engineers Day
- Collaborate with universities for students to carry out industry research.
- Develop and oversee implementation of IEK communication policy and strategy including issuance of press releases and media briefs.
- Monitor implementation of the strategic plan.
- Establish and implement quality control structures and processes.
- Organize functions/events for networking and emerging issues.
- Develop and implement IEK engineering excellence award scheme and lobby for state awards.
- Lobby for inclusion of IEK representation on commission of university education (CUE) to contribute to curriculum of engineering programs.
- Lead in the, planning implementation and monitoring the execution of research, advocacy and public outreach activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- Registered as a professional Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Over 7 years’ experience in Engineering, advocacy, policy engagement, research, and analysis.
- Should posses’ strong research, presentation, and communication skills.
- Provide DCI Police Clearance Certificate, CRB Clearance Certificate, KRA Compliance Certificate, HELB Clearance Certificate and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance Certificate.
- Ability to manage research and promoting its use in policy/advocacy work.
- Self-starter, Flexible, creative, strategic thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate clearly and work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Has a proven track record of resources, partnerships, management of internal and external relations.
- Has a proven record in managing diverse teams.
- Demonstrable experience development of annual work programs, managing budgets, monitoring and evaluation, project risk management working on sensitive issues.
- Solid experience in people management proven record in managing diverse teams.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com by Friday 11th June 2021 at 5:00pm.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement.
IEK is an equal opportunity employer.