I&M Bank Audit Assurance Officer Job in Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: I&M Bank Audit Assurance Officer Job in Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Officer, Assurance Audit
Job Summary: This incumbent will be responsible for planning and carrying out specific audit assignments in I&M Bank under the guidance of the manager, assurance so as to give assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s governance, risk management and control processes.
The Incumbent will report to the Manager Assurance Audit and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the auditable entity, identifying the high risk, high impact areas and establishing the audit engagement objectives and scope.
- Preparing audit plans for audit assignments in consultation with the manager, assurance audit;
- Developing, in liaison with the manager, assurance the appropriate audit tests to achieve the audit objectives defined for the assignment;
- Reviewing the adequacy of the Governance, Risk Management and Control processes
- Confirming the effectiveness of the Governance, Risk Management and Control processes
- Conducting audit testing of specified areas and identifying reportable issues and dimension of risk;
- Engaging with audit client to for clarification of issues identified during fieldwork and establishing root causes of lapses noted.
- Drafting audit reports highlighting key process/ control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures, management policies and regulatory requirements, among others on those areas audited;
- Participating in the audit team risk assessment and planning meetings for target audit areas by providing inputs and/or documenting the inputs given by the team; and
- Assisting in following up resolution of audit issues logged from previous audits.
Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration / finance / economics / computer science, information and communication technology or related field from a recognized institution.
- Completed CISA or CIA. Completed CPA, ACCA or equivalent professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in audit and banking.
- Technical skills (knowledge of banking, internal audit, information systems, accounting and risk management).
- Business awareness
- Analytical skills (process and data)
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Problem identification and solution skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees.
Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 1st February 2020.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.
www.imbank.com and click on careers or email: email@example.com