Instructional Designer at Educate! 2020
Career Kenya: Instructional Designer at Educate! 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Educate! currently achieves impact on youth life outcomes through direct delivery of our model in schools (what we call “School Solutions”) and through the integration of our model into national education systems (“Education System Solutions”). In addition to these two solution areas, in 2019 Educate! is exploring a new and innovative pathway to sustainably impact out of school youth (OoSY) livelihoods at scale through a Disruptive Innovation unit.
Educate! is looking for an Instructional Designer who will be a creative thinker with superb training and instructional design skills, a drive for constant learning and improvement, and passion for user-centered design, to take on the role of an Instructional Designer, reporting to the Design Manager. He/She will be part of a team to design curriculum for the programs and training, especially for an innovative out-of-school-youth program. He/She will collaborate closely with other members of the design team, customer engagement and programs teams to put Educate!’s culture of impact-oriented program design based on learning and experimentation into action.
You could be the perfect fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in designing and implementing blended learning
- Have knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Have been facilitating the training of trainers
- Are passionate about the youth and interested in developing impactful programs
- Develop and conduct a needs analysis to determine training needs and program requirements of the target audience
- Contribute to the research, creation, editing and publication of program design features and content
- Utilize instructional design concepts and principles to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content
- Evaluate content to ensure learning objectives are appropriate to the audience
- Manage projects from inception and design phase to production and release
- Support coordination of print production, quality assurance and control by sampling materials printed for training purposes to ensure they are in line with quality as designed.
- Facilitating training of trainers and ensure quality standards are maintained as per Educate training quality guidelines
- Research and recommend new training methods
- Conduct routine training needs assessments of the field staff/trainers
- Choosing the most appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Build learning metrics and track them to inform us on engagement, attendance and completion rate
- Documenting feedback from end-users and recommending action plans
- Monitoring program effectiveness, and recommends improvements
- Maintaining updated design database and training records
Learning & Networking
- Complete required designer training and certifications (design academy modules) before the end of the probationary period
- Complete all designer training and contribute to training with a positive, open mindset that welcomes feedback and new approaches/perspectives
- Knowledgeable of key trends, strategies, and language from the fields of education, leadership and entrepreneurship
- Learn from local field staff, experimentation, and referencing international research
- Proactively network with other organizations from diverse fields
- 2- 3 years of experience in designing and implementation of blended learning
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theories and implementation with the ability to complete full training circle (assess needs, plan, develop, monitor and evaluate)
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- Experience working with out-of-school youth and/ youth from economically marginalized communities would be an added advantage
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Location is Kenya with limited travel across the East Africa region
We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision as the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor, or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
- We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.