Insurance Business Development Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: Insurance Business Development Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our Client, an insurance brokerage firm seeks to recruit a Business Development Manager for its medical line of business.
He/she will be responsible for generating new business and meeting targets by introducing the client’s product range to existing and new clients.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Location: Nairobi
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Managing Director, to grow the medical business against set targets both in new business and retention.
- Advise on terms of cover to enable proper underwriting and claims processing
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers and personally assist to make sales.
- Ensure proper set up of new and renewed schemes
- Assist in pricing of the various products and schemes
- Coordinate presentations to scheme members e.g. health talks, medical camps
- Assist in product development to ensure that products are relevant.
- Prepare forecasts for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Coordinate any marketing campaigns to prospects.
- Gather market intelligence relating to competitor products and services
- Ensure service delivery is done on a timely basis.
- Recommend new sales avenues and opportunities for sales.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in medical insurance sales, three of which should be in a supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or IIK)
- Solid understanding of the Kenyan insurance ecosystem incl. of its policies, other related products but also its regulatory requirements
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate sales goals
- Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines.
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of performing as a leader.
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to travel whenever desired
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of business requirements
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Development Manager – Insurance on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.