Internal Audit Manager at SOS Children’s Villages
Career Kenya: Internal Audit Manager at SOS Children’s Villages
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
This is done through programmes that are geared towards addressing the political, economic, health and social root causes that lead to high levels of child vulnerability and put families at risk of breaking down.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become an Internal Audit Manager (National Office) for SOS Children’s Villages.
Internal Audit Manager
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Manager will be in charge of ensuring an independent systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards designed to add value and improve operations of SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya.
Also, the incumbent will be responsible for providing reasonable assurance that compliance with donor requirements, internal control, corporate governance and risk management systems are functioning as intended.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Governance/Board Support: Provide support to the Board in offering effective oversight in order to ensure systematic functioning of the organization
- Review of Organizational Policies: Keenly assess system gaps to inform development of new policies and review of the existing ones
- Risk Management: Identify and effectively manage organizational risks in order to maximize achievement of organizational objectives.
- Sub Grants Support: Ensure that funds advanced to all sub grantees are utilised efficiently and that there is value for money and accountability is provided for all funds advanced.
- Auditing Activities: Ensure that internal audits are effectively carried out and audit recommendations are implemented for improved compliance and efficiency:
- Budget Management: oversee the department budget ensuring efficient usage and high standards of accountability.
- Management and Coordination of Team Activities: Lead the Internal Audit team in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent service and high standards
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Must have a university degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. A post-graduate degree is preferred.
- Must be a qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status. Professional memberships in CIA/CISA/CFE are also required.
- Must have prior working experience of six years. At least four years must be in Audit (Public or private institutions), three of which should be at a Managerial or senior supervisory level. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, testing and sampling methods
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing systems
- Good Leadership skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – tactful in dealing with people
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer should be sent electronically to): Email: [email protected] addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 14th November 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.