International Medical Corps Senior HR & Admin Officer Job in Somalia 2022
Career Kenya: International Medical Corps Senior HR & Admin Officer Job in Somalia 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
International Medical Corps – Somalia Mission
Job Title: SENIOR HR & ADMIN OFFICER
Project Location: Somalia Mission
Hierarchical Supervisor: Senior HR & Admin Manager
Opening date: 15th February 2022
Closing date: 1st March 2022
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary
transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to
International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Over the past 29 years, International Medical Corps (IMC) has made significant contributions to saving
lives, alleviating human suffering, and reducing the economic and social impact of disasters in Somalia
through targeted assistance for Health, Nutrition, Protection and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
(WASH) with support from several donors including USAID Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance
(OFDA), European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), Department for
International Development (DFID), United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. IMC currently operates in 4 regions of
Somalia (Banadir (Mogadishu), Middle Shabelle (Jowhar), Bay (Baidoa) & Mudug South (Galkacyo),
operating both secondary and primary health care services including Hospitals, Health Centers,
Primary Health Units, Mobile Health & Nutrition Teams and community aspects.
IMC Somalia mission is supporting current Somalia MOH national response in the facility management of severe and critical COVID-19 cases in line with ministry and WHO guidelines.
The position forms part of the Human Resource and Administration team for International Medical Corps that provides support for ongoing Health, Nutrition, WASH and Protection projects in Somalia.
The Senior HR & Admin Officer is responsible for the provision of timely and efficient HR services and support within the Mission.
He/She shall be expected to assist the Human Resource & Admin Manager in Employee Resourcing, Training & Development, Payroll preparation, Contracts management and Employee Compliance amongst others
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
1.1 Human Resources:
- Administering employee compensation and benefits, medical, GPA/WIBA, Group Life, Pension etc.
- Ensuring that only the Bonafede staff and their legal dependents are insured in the IMC’s staff Medical Insurance/ Pension Scheme.
- Coordinate in recruitment of staff, ensuring vacancies are advertised appropriately with clearly stated Job Description, Additionally, He/ She ought to confirm and affirm that due process has been followed in every Employee Resourcing process.
- Ensure that employee requests are best handled by dealing with diverse Human Resources issues raised
- Preparation of monthly payroll, thereby ensuring accurate computation of staff salaries & benefits.
- Ensures staff files, employment contracts, job descriptions, and all other individual staff documentation are kept up to date.
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Performing BI checks of staff and ensuring that information obtained is filed in staff files
- Coordinate renewal of organization’s membership NGO Consortium
- Coordinating Visa processing, work permits, special pass application and all NGO Board queries.
- Ensure that all advertised vacancies have been longlisted/ shortlisted and the list forwarded to the HR& Admin Manager.
- Ascertain accuracy and completeness of the staff information and records: National ID/Passport, Advert, Job description, Recruitment sheets, CV’s
- Manage archiving of HR records of all separating staff and maintain a register for the same by facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization.
- Ensure that all personnel files are kept confidentially and secure.
- Responsible for the E-Filing of HR documents to include and not limited to staff files, recruitment documents, etc.
- Maintaining staff leave schedules for all field offices and submitting the same to the HRM monthly.
- Responsible for compiling the leave reports including R&R, maternity, sickness, annual and paternity as well as educate staff on the various leaves provided in the HR Manual
- Handle leave queries from staff and sectors appropriately
- Prepare and submission of Monthly reports as required
- Facilitate online mandatory trainings to staff
- Assist the HRM in training of staff on Safeguarding matters, compliance and reporting,
- Responsible for the monitoring and tracking of staff trainings to include MAST Trainings for new staff as well as Refresher trainings for ongoing staff.
- Provide day to day support and ensure the capacity building of the Field HR teams
- Provide support to SHRM in ongoing audits
- Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the payroll system.
- Working with SHRM, ensure the office is OSH Complaint
Participate in HR projects as delegated
- Ensure Cost Point data capture is up to date and well maintained
- Preparing quarterly staff BI details reports and submit to HQ
- Generate of Cognos Reports
- Follow up with HRO on addressing Cost Point monthly queries from Split
- Prepare Payroll for the field offices and liaise with HRO for any payroll system changes.
- Responsible for the overall monthly scanning of all Somalia Staff timesheets
- Responsible for the overall submission of Monthly field staff contracts to Finance as required.
- Facilitate approval of documents – from field (FSR, COS, Contracts etc.)
- Supervision of the receptionist
- Any other duty as may be delegated by the supervisor
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration (HR Option), Psychology or equivalent degree from a recognized University/Institution.
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Five (5) years’ proven relevant experience in Human Resource Management practice and general office administration(preferred)
- Computer and data savvy, experience in working with a Human Resource Information System.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse environment, organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Experience working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage
- Familiar with and experience in working with HR Regulations to include statutory and labor laws as well as application of best practices in HR.
- Results and detail oriented with a very hands-on approach
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and spoken), , facilitation, training and negotiation skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.
- A self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills
- Methodical and pays close attention to details
- Positive attitude, one that appreciate the essence and place of HR within International Medical Corps
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment preferred
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status.
HOW TO APPLY:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the job title a location of the job in the email subject line clearly marked as “Senior HR & Admin Officer”.
Deadline for applications is 1st March 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Code of Conduct: It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to IMC Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Equal Opportunities: International Medical Corps is a ‘first-responder’ both to natural and men-made disasters and has a mandate of working in remote locations. The organization has a comprehensive security management policy and plan in place and committed to do everything possible within its remit to ensure safety and security. Notwithstanding, the mandate and programming choices of International Medical Corps require staff with high degree of resilience, extremely decisive quality and ability to move fast.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at
report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.Please do not submit your CV or application to this email address as it will not be considered for review.