IT Asset Clerk 2022
Career Kenya: IT Asset Clerk 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
JOB PROFILE – IT Asset Clerk
The IT Asset Clerk adheres to guidelines for acquisition, maintenance, retention and disposition of fixed assets and associated records. Performs field inventory by physically locating, identifying and counting assets.
KRA / Main Outputs and Responsibilities
• Receive daily shipments and unpack, sort and store items in correct stockroom and warehouse locations that allow for easy access according to documented standards
• Inspect all items for defects, ensure item counts match shipping manifests, mark items using tags and labels and record item details in manual and/or digital inventory lists daily
• Calculate, verify and correct inventory computations as needed including physically counting items, comparing actual counts to listed inventory figures, investigating any discrepancies and updating inventory records with accurate information
• Maintain detailed inventory records of stocked items, incoming and outgoing shipments, and minimum and maximum inventory levels to facilitate accurate handling procedures
• Prepare shipments and manifests daily for internal transportation of stock to other warehouse and stockroom locations, as well as external distribution of items to customers, vendors and other company properties
• Assist stock supervisor as needed with various tasks including cleaning the warehouse and stockroom facilities, finding and disposing of excess or obsolete stock, training new stock clerk personnel and ensuring stock areas meet documented safety standards
• Perform daily maintenance of supplies, equipment, tools and storage areas according to standard procedures
• To form and maintain good working relationships with internal support functions and peer group with a view to share best practice
• Must be able to engage with people in both a transparent and honest approach
• Be able to take direction and communicate effectively.
• Liaise with different stakeholders in the business to ensure effective communication is adhered too.
Level of Authority
• Work within the agreed scope of authority.
• Planning timeframe is usually 2 weeks -1 month
An IT asset Clerk reports directly to the _IT Asset Controller and has no direct reports.
4. Skills and Competencies
• Strong reconciliation skills
• Willingness to learn
• Must be punctual
• Attention to detail
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
5. Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Grade 12
• Computer literacy, MS Office skills especially Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Asset Management/Procurement standards, processes and procedures
• Knowledge of Manage Engine
• Active participation in inventory audits
• Excellent organization skills
• Good communication and negotiation abilities
• Experience of ITIL Service Support and Delivery process.