IT Assistant at PATH 2019
Career Kenya: IT Assistant at PATH 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We seek to recruit an IT Assistant who will be responsible for providing effective and efficient technical and administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of PATH Kenya, Nairobi Office. The IT Assistant will work with the larger International IT team in driving the use of technology in the organization, helping implement IT standards and policies, and providing technical support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The role will support the network infrastructure, end user support, management of software applications, hardware equipment among other routine IT and administrative tasks. The IT Assistant will be based in Nairobi.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Support
- Provide support for day-to-day office IT operations and management of IT systems in place (PABX, biometric access system, Audio Visual system, ISP etc)
- Assist in new workstation setup, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Periodic servicing of IT equipment and coordinate with external vendors when applicable, Oversee equipment maintenance.
- Liaising with Service providers and IT vendors for technical support and escalations
- Assist in local area network (LAN) setup, management and troubleshooting
- Performing operating system upgrades by installing software patches when necessary
- Active Directory administration
- Setup new users as well as carrying out IT inductions and trainings
- Liaise with the Region System Administrator or/and International IT Team for support and escalations
- Conduct periodic IT audits for compliance purposes
- Work with global IT team in rolling out Global technical solutions and tools
- Proactively monitor ICT systems and troubleshoot any incidences affecting service availability and reliability
- Custodian of specific software licenses for the Kenya office and ensuring they are renewed annually.
- Any other assignment as determined by the Office needs.
- Asset management
- Assist in maintaining ICT inventory log of all hardware assets and tracking asset needs projections for planning purposes
- Ensure users sign out for all assets received and returned
- In-charge of communication systems; telephones, mail and courier services
- Oversee management of telephone expenses by use of telephone codes
- Oversee and monitor excesses through call management system
- Manage staff mobile phone airtime allocations
- Other Duties
- Maintain day to day system operations and other functions assigned by the Site Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer science or any related field
- Comptia A+, N+, MCSE or CCNA certification an added advantage
- At least 2 years of work experience in information systems implementation and network infrastructure support and maintenance
- End user support experience including hardware and software experience—setup, installation and troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility with working hours
- Team player
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH career website on path.silkroad.com to apply