IT Onsite Services Engineer at Vivo Energy 2019
Career Kenya: IT Onsite Services Engineer at Vivo Energy 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
IT Onsite Services Engineer at Vivo Energy
- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Posted on: 21 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Vivo Energy
We are Vivo Energy, the company that distributes and markets Shell and Engen branded fuels and lubricants to retail and commercial customers in Africa.
We operate in 23 countries across North, West, East and Southern Africa where we have a network of over 2,000 service stations. We also export lubricants to a number of other African countries.
Focused on fuelling Africa’s future we make our customers’ lives easier and their experience with us more convenient, enjoyable and rewarding.
The IT Onsite Services Engineer provides the coordination of appropriate and timely responses, including escalation to relevant support teams for resolution, monitoring of progress and keeping users apprised of progress while responding to all user calls in a customer-focused and timely manner and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Receives and logs requests for support from users and/or other service delivery staff.
- Maintains high level customer/user satisfaction by being the single point of contact for all local IT matters including clarifying customer needs and ensuring they are met. Be the on-site service coordinator for local escalations.
- Monitors progress of requests for support/escalations/incidents and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
- Within his/her own area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate remedial actions to take, or escalating requests to other Support & Delivery staff or external service suppliers. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with the required standards, methods and procedures.
- In accordance with established procedures, monitors application systems for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software, systems software or service delivery staff. Notes problems and identifies performance trends. Referring to more senior colleagues where necessary, takes corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising and contributing to service improvement activities.
- Liaises with applications development or support staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Following agreed procedures, receives and handles requests for information, and provides advice to users on systems, products and services that are available to them.
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- Follows standard procedures to update incident log, documenting necessary details in a central repository, progress checking, and ensuring that diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Participate in “transition to support” activities, including application training, in order to update skills and knowledge to support new applications.
- Provide end-user training for application(s) upon specific requests from the Business
- Acting as contact point for any visiting Third Party Vendor e.g. OBS and arranging the HSSE induction according to Vivo Energy HSSE policy and assuring all 3rd Party IT service providers are HSSE certified.
- Arranging and managing repairs at the site which includes preventative maintenance on all computer room equipment. Participate in refresh programmes as directed by Infrastructure Management e.g. Switches, UPS, Air-conditioners etc.
- Arranging on-site work space, phone lines, etc. for 3rd party break/fix service provider(s).
- Managing store room for surplus stock including reporting on stock levels to business focal points and agreeing with the business focal points the equipment types that need to be kept in stock.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
End-user support experience:
- At least 3 years experience working in an end-user support.
- Solid base knowledge of support processes and ITIL
- Experience with call-logging systems and knowledge management tools
- Good customer-facing, interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills
- Knowledge in class-of-business application integration and middleware knowledge in application security and data architecture
Business and application knowledge of overall IT application landscape and underlying IT infrastructure:
- Hardware – HP DL380 G9 and Above, Various Cisco Networking equipment
- HP/Lenovo Desktops and Laptops
- Operating Systems –VMWARE, Windows Server R2 and above, Solarwinds, MS SQL Database
- Security – Forticliect, BigFix, and IRM Security Compliance
- Telecommunications – Cisco Switches and Routers, Audiocodes (UC) Lync and Fortigate
- Applications – Ms-Office Suite 2013, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint
- Customer Focus & Interpersonal – Skill
- Business Applications & Infrastructure – Skill
- Application, Data & Technical Architecture- Knowledge
- SAP – Knowledge
- Incident & Problem Management- Knowledge
- Root Cause Analysis- Knowledge
- Vendor/Service management- Knowledge
- IT Support Processes & Enabling Tools- Skill
- Influence and Persuasion – Skill
Interested and qualified? Go to Vivo Energy career website on apply.workable.com to apply
- Know more about Vivo EnergySimilar Jobs
- Financial Analyst at Pawame
- Advanced Lead Engineer at GE Aviation
- Field Sales Manager at Solar Panda
- Technical Services Team Lead at Schneider Electric
- Customer Care Manager at Pawame
- Junior Sales Engineer- PQ at Eaton
- Project Management Leadership Program (PMLP) at General Electric
- Job Vacancies at PowerGen Renewable Energy