IT Sales Executive 2022
Career Kenya: IT Sales Executive 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Darasa is a fast growing Ed Tech start up whose goal is to impact students and schools across Africa. We strive to do this by building School systems and by developing creative content for our learners.
• Experience: Two years
• Job level: Mid level
• Employment type: Full time
• IT background is an added advantage
• Salary : 20,000/= plus 10% commission
• Transport and airtime provided
• Openness to work in different counties.
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT sales executive to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will be required to source and visit new schools, demonstrate the technical features of our school systems, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations. To ensure success as an IT sales executive, you should have strong knowledge of our product, a passion for sales, and the ability to cold call.
IT SALES EXECUTIVE ROLES:
As a Darasa IT sales professional, you will need to:
• Visit schools and learning institutions to showcase our school systems.
• Gain an understanding of customers diverse and specific learning needs and apply product knowledge to meet them.
• Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of our school systems and processes, and then documenting them.
• Carry out cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
• Identify and develop new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls
• Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations of our school systems to customers.
• Offer free trials for our systems with the schools visited.
• Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing school software and hardware systems.
• Provide technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of our school systems and hardware, both before and after the sale.
• Advise on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts such as bursar system, academic or other specialist areas we have as Darasa.
• Meet sales targets set by managers and contribute to team targets.
• Network with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades.
• Handle hardware or software problems and faults, referring on to specialist technical colleagues where appropriate.
• Manage workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals
• Contribute to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
IT SALES EXECUTIVE REQUIREMENTS:
• Proven two year work experience as a sales executive.
• Ability to work in other counties.
• Understanding of IT.
• Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
• A track record of success in converting client leads into customers and executing contracts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Articulate, persuasive and influential verbal communication skills
• Ability to give and accept feedback.