Jacaranda Health Clinical Helpdesk Agent Job in Kenya (45K) 2020
Career Kenya: Jacaranda Health Clinical Helpdesk Agent Job in Kenya (45K) 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Jacaranda Health Limited
Job Title: Clinical Helpdesk Agent
Salary Range: KSHS. 35,000 – 45,000
Background: Jacaranda Health Limited operates a maternity hospital which aims to set a new standard for maternity and childcare in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to middle/low-income urban women and their families.
Jacaranda also partners with government facilities to adapt these tools for impact in the public sector.
Our program partnerships with mission and public facilities have grown from 3 facilities in 2015, to 15 facilities serving over 30,000 women and babies. We are now seeking to expand our partnerships with county level governments across Kenya. Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.
Expectations and responsibilities
The clinical helpdesk agent will report directly to the Senior M&E Coordinator.
- Provide clients with accurate health information in clear, concise language
- Support timely and effective referrals to health facilities
- Ensure clients have a positive experience when interacting with the Jacaranda Q&A platform
- Work in collaboration with the client success and PROMPTS teams to respond to the 500+ questions each day from users via SMS (possibly other channels such as Facebook and Telegram as well) that may need a nursing input
- Ensure sure all questions are responded to within 1 hour (high priority questions) or 4 hours (lower priority questions) during working hours with possibility of overtime and weekends
- Continuously update Q&A database as applicable and alert a supervisor if the messaging platform or FreshDesk stops functioning
- Support when a medical response is needed and elevate as necessary –Seek advanced medical input from other team medical professionals (nurse mentors, ObGyn) when appropriate
- Refer clients to the appropriate partner organization for specific issues (mental health, miscarriage/loss, abuse, etc)
- Follow-up on clients with danger signs via phone and use a referral SOP to connect them to care in a timely and quality manner
- Understand clients’ perspectives and feedback on the services they have received and communicate insights to the Q&A team
- Report regularly to supervisor on message and call metrics, questions contents, answers provided, lessons learnt, successes, challenges, solutions provided and recommendations on how to improve the Q&A.
- Send a weekly report to the supervisor which may include a spreadsheet showing week’s progress
- Send a monthly report latest by 30th/31st on the month’s progress, questions answered, lessons learnt, successes, challenges, solutions provided and recommendations on how to improve the Q&A.
- Train new agents as needed
- Coordinate with other nurses in Jacaranda Health and its programs to make sure clients have positive experiences.
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working as a nurse with RH training
- Hold an active Nursing license from the local Nursing Council.
○ Basic skills in neonatal/pediatrics nursing an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; ability to translate written answers between these two languages
- Typing skills and willingness to improve typing skills
○ Pass an online typing test. If typing skills require improvement, practice typing speed and accuracy using an online typing training system for 30 minutes per day, reporting progress to supervisor on a weekly basis until adequate speed and accuracy has been reached
- Centered on clients and their experience
- Detail-oriented and accurate in responding to queries from clients
- Self-starter: interested in growing skills, giving and receiving feedback, self-aware
- Experience in customer-facing work, such as customer service, customer success, research, sales is an added advantage
- Passion for mothers and children and providing them with health information is a MUST!
Interested candidates should send their application Cover Letters and CVs to email@example.com with the subject line Clinical Helpdesk Agent.
Deadline: January 22nd 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.