JAVA Software Developer 2022
Career Kenya: JAVA Software Developer 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Key Role & Responsibilities
• Execute full lifecycle software development design and develop new web applications.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Understand and support existing apps.
• Integrate software components into a fully functional existing system.
• Document and maintain up to date docs on development of systems
• Contribute actively to innovations of new products and improvement of existing systems.
• Develop and maintain data integration components such as SQL queries, stored procedures, data extraction and cleansing, and integration with system front end components.
• Write PL-SQL code to retrieve appropriate data as derived from requirements.
• Build reports and/or data extracts to support business analysis.
• Support development on resolving system defects, acting as liaison, and developing solutions.
• Coordinate directly with business users and business analyst to best understand and analyze business specifications.
• Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
• Participating in the quality assurance process as required by each project
• Prior interaction with CRM and ERP systems an added advantage
As a Software Developer, you must have a desire to learn, to be challenged and to expand your capabilities. You must also have strong project and organizational skills. It will also be vital for your role as a developer that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to function well as part of a team.
• Development experience with Java language.
• Demonstrated experience writing Web Services, RESTFUL, or SOAP, as well as experience writing fault-tolerant code.
• Strong familiarity with agile software development practices and tools.
• Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL (Most Preferred), PostgreSQL
• Understanding of Apache Velocity
• Proficient in server-side languages (JSP and Java).
• UX design and client-side languages (HTML, CSS, JS etc.)
• Proficiency in API’s and integrations with 3rd party systems (REST & SOAP)
• Knowledge of JavaEE is an added advantage
• Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP & DNS etc.
• Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills, staying up to date with the latest trends and are excited to learn new languages, tools, and best practices.
• Experience with Microsoft windows and *nix operating systems is required.
• Knowledge of cyber security is an added advantage
• Good communication and presentations skills are required
• Analytical thinking
• Ability and willingness to learn fast in a rapidly changing environment.
• Customer centric view of risk
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Experience 3-5 years in active development
• Minimum 2 years Bias in working with Java
• Experience performing requirement interviews and analyzing current business procedures
• Qualification in Java Programming is an added advantage
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.