Job Openings at Gulf African Bank
Career Kenya: Job Openings at Gulf African Bank
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Reports to: Manager, Shari’ah
To ensure that the Bank is in compliance with Shari’ah directives, resolutions and Fatwas of Shari’ah Supervisory Board (‘SSB’)of the Bank
- Receive regular MIS and confirmation from the business departments and branches relating to the Shari’ah Compliance of key transactions.
- Review all credit facilities and provide recommendations on structuring of the facilities in accordance with Shariah guidelines.
- Measure, monitor, control and manage (under the supervision and guidance of Shari’ah Manager) any real or perceived risk of Shari’ah non-compliance by the Bank across the entire organization including fundamental (or primary) as well as tertiary (or peripheral) activities, operations and functions.
- Review and understand all Shari’ah Supervisory Board pronouncements, guidelines, instructions, previous internal Shari’ah Audit results, relevant correspondences to be able to conduct reviews of the business.
- Conduct Shari’ah audits, prepare reports and discuss findings with stakeholders
- Communicate with all level of management, Shari’ah Manager SSB and external auditor.
- Share the reviewed case, rectifications and inquiries for clarification with the Shari’ah Manager.
- Assist in providing input, from Shari’ah perspective, to various teams in engaged in product development and systems implementations.
- Assist in attending to customers’ queries related to Shari’ah Matters.
- Assist in researching on best practice for Shari’ah Banking and integrating it in the Bank’s products.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from a recognized University
- Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance will be an added advantage
- Working experience of at least five years in Islamic banking and finance
- Good understanding of Shari’ah Law
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record in auditing profession
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and follow up
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent communication, analytical interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- A passion for good work, team player and an achiever in a competitive and dynamic working environment
- Self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal and problem solving skills
Reports to: Senior Manager, Transactional Banking
Department: Transactional Banking
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
The position holder is responsible for understanding Customer needs, developing tailored solutions to meet their needs, guiding the acquisition teams at the branches in structuring Trade Finance deals and ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies (both Shariah and other) and mitigating risks.
- Develop marketing and business strategies to expand customer portfolio.
- Develop Structured Finance business in line with the bank’s business strategy and meet profit targets.
- Develop Shariáh Compliant Trade Finance products that meet the customers’ needs.
- Focus on market segmentations, client acquisitions and diversified product range in order to drive value from clients, ensuring increased product per client.
- Develop and maintain relationships within allocated portfolio.
- Grow the Bank’s market share through the delivery of innovative trade finance products and services
- Provide support to the various business units (Retail, SME and Corporate) on trade finance.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements,
- Develop and continuously reviewing business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance.
- Achieve budgeted Trade Finance targets as defined in the performance contract
- Training and capacity building on trade finance across the Bank
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree from a recognized institution
- Possession of a post graduate degree or professional qualification shall be an added advantage
- Must possess sound knowledge of Bank products.
- Minimum 6 years in Banking with 3 years in Trade Finance Business development role
- International business understanding including rules, laws and procedures of international trade, e.g. UCP, URDG, Incoterms, AML/CFT
- Technical knowledge in trade finance with demonstrated working experience
- Strong track record in business development and business networking which should be clearly demonstrated
- Excellent selling skills
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Pleasant, honest, outgoing, well-groomed and self-driven person of high integrity.
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely-both orally and in writing,
- Ability to make prompt decisions and be independent in problem solving,
- Good time management skills
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.