Job Opportunities at Amref International University (AMIU)
Career Kenya: Job Opportunities at Amref International University (AMIU)
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Amref International University (AMIU) was established in 2017 as a Premier Pan African University of health sciences fully owned by Amref health Africa. AMIU is founded on the experience and intellect of Amref Health Africa, which is reputed with over 60 years of quality and innovative public and community health interventions in over 30 countries in Africa….
Read more about this company
The holder of this post will report to the Head of Department in the execution of his/ her duties, and will contribute toward meeting the key performance indicators and targets of the department, and the overall mission and vision of the university.
To develop, manage and monitor implementation of Health Systems management programmes and related activities in the university. These include, but are not limited to teaching and training, curriculum development and review; research, innovation and fund-raising activities; publication and dissemination of knowledge; supervision of students, and assisting to the adherence of or quality assurance and accreditation requirements by relevant regulatory bodies. The holder of this post will report to the Head of Department in the execution of his/ her duties, and will contribute toward meeting the key performance indicators and targets of the department, and the overall mission and vision of the university.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and training in the area of Health Systems Develop.
- Curricula development and Review
- Conduct Research and Innovation activities
- Engage in fund-raising activities in the Department
- Student supervision and mentoring
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Publications and other forms of dissemination of knowledge
- Engage in professional development activities
- Engage in any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department, on behalf of the Vice Chancellor, from time to time.
- PhD in Health Systems Management or related field.
- At least three years teaching at University level.
- Evidence of participation in research activities.
- Evidence of fund-raising capability.
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications.
- Familiarity with quality assurance and accreditation requirements by relevant regulatory organizations.
- Holding a first degree in Health System Management or in related field, will be an added advantage.
- Registration with a relevant professional organization will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of supervision of students at masters level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate high level of integrity.
Main purpose of the job
To support academic growth of the department through quality teaching, supervision and administrative support to the department
SPECIFIC ROLES AND ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advance AMIU and department vision and mission
- Participating in department meetings and school meetings
- Build and maintain strategic partnership
- Programme Development and Management
- Development and review of various curricula to grow the department
- Administer the department academic programmes
- Quality assurance in academic programmes implementation
- overseeing student academic achievement
- Uphold standard of professional integrity and ethics
- Teaching academic programmes
- Resource Mobilization and Management
- Overseeing student enrolment
- Focus department resource requirements
- Research and Publications
- Supervise student research to completion
- Publish in peer review journals
- Disseminate research in conferences and other relevant forums
- Respond to research funding projects
- Maintaining department facilities and equipment
- Participating in outreach activities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have earned PhD in Public/ Community Health, Environmental Health, public health nutrition or related area
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching in a university
- Research experience with publications in peer journals
- Knowledge and skills of eLearning methodologies
To support the research directorate by coordinating research activities in the University while working directly with the director of research.
Responsibilities and Activities
Specifically, the research officer will provide secretariat and technical support as well as coordination of the research activities to ensure that directorate is responsive to the research requirements of the University.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Amref health Africa in scouting and for research calls
- Coordinate the writing of research proposal in collaboration with faculty
- Develop and maintain a research database
- Support the process of grant writing within the University
- Maintain accurate files and records, both computerised and manual for the directorate
- Coordinate training for capacity building activities in the directorate
- Draft research surveys, questionnaires, research manuscripts and presentations
- In collaboration with graduate school, support graduate student capacity building
- Support documentation and submission of proposal/grants
- Coordinate the implementation of field research activities
- Develop budget for research activities
- Undertake any other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the director
Candidates with the following educational qualifications from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the Research Officer position.
- Master degree in public health with a bias to biostatistics, or epidemiology, statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, biostatistics/statistics, public health, mathematics,
statistics or equivalent
- Experience in research work or research from a similar organisation
3 years working in a busy research setting
- Excellent communication skills, including written and presentation skills in English and
- Proficiency in data analysis using at least two of these software’s; SPSS, R, Stata and EPI Info and including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel) skills.
- Budgeting skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure and work in a multi-cultural team
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Method of Application
Your email application should be sent to [email protected] and have “Lecturer – HSM” or “Research Officer – RICE” or “Lecturer – Department of community Health” in the subject line.
Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Deadline for submission: 17th November 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref International University does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref International University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Amref International University is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.