Job Opportunities at Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (Ciheb)
Career Kenya: Job Opportunities at Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (Ciheb)
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The position holder will provide administrative as well as program support in ensuring effective operations and delivery of program results at the sub-office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Arrange/coordinate trainings/meetings for the project and provide logistical support as required.
- Maintain a routinely updated register of all fixed assets.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders and verifying receipts.
- Adopt and ensure use of acceptable standards and tools for inventory management including asset registers, goods received/dispatch notes, bin cards and goods movement forms.
- Receive and tag all items delivered to CIHEB Kenya and maintain an orderly system of goods storage.
- Maintain Delivery Notes/Goods Received register for all supplies received and delivered to the programs.
- Follow up on vendor/supplier payments and utility bills and ensure payments of the same.
- Responsible for external dispatch and delivery of mails and parcels.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and visitors/ consultants while on missions.
- Oversee the cleaning and tidiness of the office, repair works and ensure that all furniture is in good condition.
- Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate department or staff member.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related course
- At least three (3) years’ experience supporting similar roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and spreadsheet packages
- Ability to work under pressure
The Communications Specialist will lead and manage the public relations, promotions, and media for Ciheb-Kenya and has a significant role in achieving the program’s Communications Strategy objectives. This role is responsible for developing and implementing an effective communications plan in accordance with the Ciheb-Kenya goals, objectives, and strategies. This includes managing public relations, promotions, and media, and ensuring alignment with Ciheb-Kenya branding requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ciheb-Kenya Website maintenance and content development (using the WordPress content management system).
- Managing Ciheb-Kenya email marketing system and maintaining the organization’s supporter database.
- Media relations, writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Managing Ciheb social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts.
- Designing print collateral, including brochures, short publications, and event invitations and signage.
- Integrating/cross-promoting all Ciheb-Kenya communications.
- Working with vendors, including website developers, graphic designers, and print companies.
- Supporting Ciheb-Kenya basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Providing support to media relations consultants contracted for special promotions.
- Measuring and evaluating Ciheb-Kenya online and print communications and media relations.
- Editing communications materials written by Ciheb-Kenya staff and ensuring all communications adhere to the organization’s style guide.
- Working with Ciheb staff to execute special events, including developing event communications, promoting the event, and taking photographs during the event.
- Providing communication guidance and support with implementing program activities and continuing the development and improvement of the Communication Strategy for Ciheb-Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, mass media, political science, or related field
- The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, or public relations from a recognised university
- Substantial communications experience, covering public relations, promotions, and media, including in an international context
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Personal flexibility for after-hours meetings, deadline demands, and travel
- At least five years of work experience and demonstrated success in a communications role that includes social media.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- High levels of integrity
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities.
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 21st January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.