Job Vacancies at Mpesa Foundation Academy 2019
Career Kenya: Job Vacancies at Mpesa Foundation Academy 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning environment to develop future leaders. The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of all our learners not just in academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts, outdoor pursuits and community service.
Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching. The school focuses on moulding future leaders and entrepreneurs by incorporating the core values of Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence (CLAIRE) into every sphere of learning within the Academy.
- Providing receptionist service to the school, including:
- Welcoming, receiving, signing in and dealing with and directing staff, Students, parents, school visitors and stakeholders as appropriate
- Operating the Academy main telephone, transferring calls, or taking and delivering messages as appropriate
- Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondences
- Managing the school’s mail inbox, replying, forwarding messages and making appointments for staff as appropriate
- Managing the Academy reception area, Lounge and meeting rooms at the admin block adding and removing content as appropriate
- Providing admin support to the school’s administrative function, including:
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail for delivery to appropriate staff Recording, stamping and posting outgoing mail
- Routine word processing, as and when required
- Assisting in the maintenance of the school’s filing and archiving systems, general clerical and administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, laminating etc.
- Support in handling/coordination of academy events, both internally and externally
- Managing Admin department office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture
- Degree in Business Management or related course
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Must have experience working in a busy office setup.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Training on customer care and strong interpersonal skills
Reporting to the Head Chef, the cook will be responsible for preparation of quality and balanced meals to students, staff and guests in the academy. He/she will also assist in implementation of the academy menu.
- Assist in development and provision of a well-balanced menu and timely preparation and serving of meals
- Responsible for production of safe, quality and tasty foods and beverages.
- Ensure that food is requested according to the number of students and staff in the academy and that there is no wastage of food.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and the highest standard of hygiene in food handling and in the work area in line with the public health regulations on food safety.
- Taking care of catering equipment and utensils by taking regular inventories and reporting any loss or breakage of items.
- Ensure that the kitchen is locked and keys kept safely upon closure.
- Ensure that waste is segregated during food preparation.
- Cook is expected to be flexible, from time to time he/she may be added task in line with their role by their direct manager
- Diploma of equivalent in food preparation from a recognized institution;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a cook in a comparable institution;
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Monday 25th November, 2019.