Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital 2022
Career Kenya: Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
To lead users in implementing IT systems through effective processes from project inception to delivery within stipulated deadlines including monitoring the effectiveness of all application systems and services and adapting them to evolving business requirements. The role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient business operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases/scopes, proposed projects, and systems requirements. To apply analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments as well as propose potential innovative systems for consideration. To collaborate with clinicians, providers, and allied health in analyzing clinical requirements specific to the organization.
- Take ownership of regional strategic projects assigned and manage them from inception through delivery to post-implementation audits.
- Ensure that the IT systems identified/implemented take account of the Hospital Information System strategy and are delivered within time and budget allocations
- Develop and motivate an innovative and inspired team and re-evaluate their skills and progress to ensure delivery of KRAs
- Define staffing requirements, hire and manage internal project resources to ensure that all needs of the hospital are met and delivered on time.
- Manage, Interpret and translate user requirements into highly specified project scopes for each department.
- Develop detailed implementation plans including finalization of project team structure, task list, task inter-dependencies, timetable and budget.
- Assist in the implementation and training of the Health Information System across the region- Mombasa. Kisumu, Arusha and Kampala.
- Work with the leadership and other stakeholders to establish the strategic direction of the organization’s information systems to ensure goals are achieved.
- Analysis and Solution Definition: Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of clients’ departments; Identifies client departments’ strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement; Assist department staff by performing project-related work, as needed, or requested.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business and user needs and documents findings and recommend changes to business processes to increase system effectiveness for end users.
- Provide process guidance in both emerging as well as application of best practice technologies: Keep the ICT Director fully briefed of all upcoming operational process requirements/changes; Serve as a resource for multiple application/system projects implementation teams; Participates as a workflow resource for new implementations as well as ongoing optimization of existing application/system projects and workflows.
- Participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge regarding current technology used throughout the organization.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Finance, Business Administration and/or Information Systems with course work in computer science or equivalent.
- Certification in IT-related formal training
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Agile or SCRUM certification a plus.
- 3 or more years of experience in a similar role, acting as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Good leadership and excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Very good analytical and organisational skills,
- High integrity.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Professional grooming and self-presentation
Closing date: 1 May 2022
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nyeri County Kenya. The position holder will report to the Clinical Quality & Patient Safety Manager and to the Outreach Operation’s Manager.
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patients’ needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Carry out hemodynamic monitoring to include vital signs, neurological and fluid status; labs and radiological evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and report adverse reactions promptly.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga khan University Hospital Guidelines on waste management.
- Prepare for and assist physicians to perform various procedures in the clinic.
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the Clinic in charge, Clinical Quality Manager or Operations Manager.
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies, and perform timely safety checks on restraints, examination coaches, oxygen source and other medical equipment in the clinic.
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of clinic stock drugs and consumables
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of non-functional equipment to the Operations manager
- Follow discharge procedure of the out patients according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made where needed.
- Participate in clinic based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years’ continuous clinical experience in medical surgical Nursing.
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of the current practices in general nursing in an outpatient set up.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
Closing date: 26 April 2022