Junior Analyst at World Food Programme 2020
Career Kenya: Junior Analyst at World Food Programme 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
WFP Nairobi Regional Bureau (RBN) and Supply Chain (SCO) agreed to develop a joint initiative, named Corridor Management (CM), aimed at developing an innovative solution for the management of RBN Supply Chain corridors. The solution will enable Supply Chain (SC) Services to be operated within the context Service Model approach.
The position will be based in the Nairobi Regional Bureau under the logistics unit . The junior analyst will work in strict coordination with business experts and involved stakeholders under the guidance, supervision and reporting lines of the Corridor Management Solution Stream Leader.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in information technologies, economics, finance, international cooperation, business management or any other related fields; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Experience: At least three-years’ experience in service cost management, business processes mapping, and information system development.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of French would be an advantage.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven knowledge of service costing principles and methodologies.
- Proven knowledge of business process mapping.
- Proven knowledge of cost accounting.
- Excellent written and analytical skills.
- Good research and learning capacity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft package (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and other related software).
- Knowledge of MS Access database, HTML and other programming languages and platforms (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) are appreciated.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
What you will do:
Providing support to the following service cost management work stream activities:
- Definition of the service costing model focused on, but not limited to, the corridor management initiative;
- Mapping of the to-be business processes of, but not limited to corridor management;
- Design and implementation of the service costing model and support to the development and testing of related service costing tools;
- Development of project documents including concept papers, business requirements, note for the records, communication notes.
The projects activities you will participate in include:
- Service costing definition and controlling model;
- Supply Chain cost collection and service cost allocation mechanisms, including direct costs, indirect costs, and overheads;
- Service business processes mapping and integration with the other corporate businesses.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
SC5 (G5 Equivalent)
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
6 Months with a possibility of extension.