KEMRI Laboratory Analyst Job in Kisumu, Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: KEMRI Laboratory Analyst Job in Kisumu, Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
KENYA MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Project description: This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM), other organizations and donors whose remit is to conduct research in Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases.
The program has vacancy in the MALCOV Study, Malaria Branch.
Position: Laboratory Analyst, J/G KMR6
Vacancy: CGHR /179/02/21
Reporting to: Laboratory Manager
Job Summary: The research assistant position requires the staff to perform various laboratory related assays including COVID-19 PCR and quality assurance related procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences (Biomedical Sciences, Molecular biology, Medical biotechnology, Microbiology) or any relevant field from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) where applicable; or any other recognized regulatory body;
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists where applicable; and
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: A one (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Contact telephone number
Applications should be sent through email@example.com no later than March 3, 2021 and indicate the vacancy number as the email subject.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER.
IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted