Kenya Deputy Duka Officer 2022
Career Kenya: Kenya Deputy Duka Officer 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is operating a growing number of rural retail outlets (Dukas). We are looking for exceptional professionals with at least 1 year of work experience to support the Duka Officers in the daily management of these Dukas. You will be important in the success of this exciting new venture. As one of One Acre Fund’s Deputy Duka Officers, you will be responsible for the customer experience and performance of your allocated shop.
You will report to the Duka officer.
- Complete sales transactions;
- Conduct Marketing and Sales;
- Provide all clients with quality customer service, answer customer questions and respond promptly to customer complaints;
- Support Duka officers in inventory management and record keeping;
- Organize the stock in the stock room and display area;
- Offload stock during delivery and bring products to the farmer;
- Assist the customers to load purchased products;
- Support innovations and process improvement
- Support market price research;
- Clean the Duka’s interior and exterior structure
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- At least 1-year experience working in sales, marketing or business management;
- Knowledge of agricultural products and practices;
- Experience managing an agro vet preferred, or other relevant agricultural experience;
- A good level of general computer literacy ( basic computer skills)
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
- Preference for a certificate or diploma from a recognized academic institution in sales, agriculture or marketing.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Mount Kenya or Eastern Kenya
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
10 September 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.