While jobskenya24.com has implemented many protections to ensure that questionable job listings don’t make it into our database, job seekers should always remain vigilant and know what to look for when searching job listings.
Possible Indicators of a Job Scam:
- Listings that ask for your private information such as SSN, driver’s license number, bank accounts, credit card information, etc.
- “Small Businesses” that direct you to a home address for an interview
- Foreign companies that do not have a local office
- Listings for jobs such as stuffing envelopes, email rebates or refunds, data entry, and jewelry-making at home that require payment to start, and require unpaid and tedious work up front
- Listings requiring you to buy products and submit receipts before you get paid; this specifically addresses mystery shopping listings
- Listings that request you to go to a pay-to-attend seminar
- Employers that request you open a new bank account or credit card
- Online applications that do not have the company headline in the URL, or are not password protected
- The same business’ phone numbers and fax numbers with mismatched area codes
- If an employer asks for money, why can’t he deduct from the first salary?
- Email addresses that do not include the company name
- If they contact you only through email.