Kitchen Steward Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Kitchen Steward Career in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Kitchen Steward
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Ensure cleanliness of silverware and glassware.
- Ensure cleanliness of the pots and crockery.
- Make sure that all kitchen items are stored properly and in their appropriate places to prevent breakages
- Ensure that the proper detergent is used in washing and cleaning kitchen items and in its appropriate amount.
- Take care of all kitchen units and appliances and making sure that they are in excellent working condition.
- Kitchen steward has to ensure that the kitchen floor is clean and kept dry to prevent accidents
- The kitchen walls and glass panes should be clean and free from grease and dirt at all times.
- Maintain a correct count of all kitchen items such as silverware, dishware, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, crockery, dinnerware etc. Any loss or damage to any of the items should immediately be recorded and reported to the departmental head.
- Take out the trash and ensure that the dumpster area is clean so as to prevent rodents and pests from making the area their home.
- The kitchen steward also has to make sure that he himself /she herself is clean at all times. Not only does this include wearing the proper stewarding uniform during work hours, but this should also include personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Act professionally towards others, especially towards the guests. • Assisting the waitresses in cleaning the restaurant area whenever asked for assistance, and helping the cooks and chef in the preparation of various dishes.
- Assist controls and procurement to carry crates and any other products purchased. • Any other duties assigned.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the cook/chef.
- Assist in the setup and break down of service areas for all special functions (buffet, barbecue, etc.)
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc, on special functions and busy periods.
- Assist Chefs with lunch preparation, cleaning the window panes, freezers and lunch preparation and stock take (kitchen equipment).
- Serving staff lunch, dish washing, potatoes peeling Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift • Frequent lifting and carrying • Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team • Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multitask Values
- Integrity & honesty
- Team Player
- Organized and keen to details.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to multitask
- 3 years’ of experience in a similar role at a busy restaurant
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer literate
- Exceptional customer service skills
Apply by sending your application to email@example.com
Deadline: 26th January 2020.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.