KRK Advocates LLP Court / Legal Clerk Job in Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: KRK Advocates LLP Court / Legal Clerk Job in Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
KRK Advocates LLP is a legal services firm that provides bespoke legal solutions and consulting services to a wide array of clients.
Our firm caters and serves clients from various sectors of the economy such as government, non-governmental organizations, financial sector players and high net worth individuals.
With increasing demand for our services, KRK Advocates LLP is looking to recruit a Court Clerk to join its highly capable operations team.
The successful applicant will have a total of 8-10 years’ work experience as a Court / Legal Clerk in a busy law firm and will provide services to the firm such as filing and service of legal documents including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses and other pleadings.
Key functions of this role include:
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses and other pleadings
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates and meetings
- Compile legal documentation into files and maintain an organized filing system
- Deliver documentation to law firms and other locations as needed
- Create copies and reproductions of records and legal documentation
- Providing support to the advocates in ensuring documents are properly drafted
- Representing advocates by communicating and obtaining information required in clients files
- Dealing with client queries and/or requests professionally and efficiently
- Following up on delegated assignments knowing when to act and when to refer matter to advocates
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Presentable, mature and outgoing with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization , prioritization and time management skills
- High on integrity, accountability and honesty
- Team player and able to take instructions
- Independent thinker, self -driven and goal oriented
- Proactive and innovative
- Enjoys working outside the office and networking
- Tactful and confident when dealing with different external stakeholders relevant to the firms work
- Networking and relationship building skills
Education: Diploma in legal studies
Language: Must possess written and spoken fluency in English and Swahili
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the right position for you, please forward your application and detailed Curriculum Vitae stating your current remuneration, availability and contact details on or before close of business, 24th January 2020.
The applications should be sent through email@example.com marking the subject as: COURT CLERK
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Applications not meeting the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.