Laboratory Technologist Job at Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Laboratory Technologist Job at Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results as part of a scientific team while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Provide medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing
analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and professional procedures.
- Establish and implement written operating procedures and protocols for the laboratory and ensure compliance with the same.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment in readiness for services.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Consult with the pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Cut, stain and mount tissue samples for examination by pathologists.
- Receive patients and the laboratory request forms and direct them accordingly.
- Keep records of all laboratory activities, including stock keeping.
Level of Education
- Diploma in medical technology or related field
- Current professional registration with an appropriate and recognized authority
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
The applications to reach firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 28th November 2019