Latest Jobs at Marie Stopes International 2020
Career Kenya: Latest Jobs at Marie Stopes International 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
MSK seeks to recruit the Head of Policy, External Relations and Health Financing. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing, managing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders that are critical to MSK, particularly with respect to its mission, goals and objectives. Furthermore with ensuring MSK’s future as a part social business is secured through Domestic Financing opportunities.
The Head of Policy, External Relations and Health Financing will work collaboratively with other CMT members at a strategic level to achieve MSK’s objectives.
Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) is a marketing focused, results oriented social enterprise. We develop efficient, effective and sustainable family planning and reproductive healthcare programmes in Kenya.
Key Responsibilities Measure
- External relations and Advocacy In Coordination with the External Relations Advisor:
- Influence and increase knowledge of/and support for MSK among stakeholders, including the relevant government ministries including the Ministry of Health, parliamentarians, the media? county and national governments, multi and bi-lateral development partners and other actors in the following aspects;
- Represent MSK at regular fora and at high level meetings both national and regionally
- Identify trends and opportunities to inform advocacy to increase the environment for the delivery of family planing, safe abortion and post abortion care services in Kenya
- Increase MSK visibility and increase awareness of MSK vision and mission
- Work with civil society, government and private sector partners to drive advocacy priorities of operational importance to the organization
- Manage MSK’s central relationships with development partners and the Ministry of Health and other relevant government ministries and parliamentarians
- Oversee the identification and mapping of MSK high level supporters
- Oversee institutionalisation of External affairs functions such as stakeholder mapping, internal working group, decision maker profiles and key issue messaging in MSK to Identify and engage with emerging advocacy opportunities build support for key advocacy issues amongst key advocacy partners To revise, update and implement MSK’s advocacy strategy, and disseminate to key players in MSK and MSI.
- Advise and support on the communications strategy for MSK
- To represent MSK as a high level public spokesperson
- Identify and build strategic relationships with key media and public opinion leaders
- Health Financing
- In coordination with the health financing officer, research and map domestic financing trends and opportunities from private sector, county and national government,donors, health insurance and innovative financing.
- Develop and oversee implementation of MSK health financing strategy.
- Identify, build and maintain strategic relationships with all the relevant health insurance, donors, innovators as well as securing opportunities for all MSK channels for Domestic Financing
- Explore and cultivate other domestic financing opportunities, either local government or private sector.
- Fund raising Identify, build and maintain relationships at a strategic level with multilateral, bilateral and private donors
- Work with members of the country management team to identify opportunities and funding needs
- Author concept notes and proposals with input from multiple sources
- Create budgets with support from the MSK finance team
- Develop donor relationships, including securing donor meetings, organizing visits and following up on funding opportunities
- Respond to donor requests
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a University Degree in Health Science, Social Science, or International Development Management; Master’s Degree is preferable
- Fluent English both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Clinical Health, Community Outreach, Family Planning and Social Marketing
- Have a firm track record of navigating government bureaucracy and aiding advocacy efforts for SRHR movement
- Have significant experience of high level representation and strong presentation skills
- Experience in planning of advocacy campaigns and events
- Have existing relationships and connections within the Kenyan health sector at a high level
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Able to articulate complicated concepts to a variety of audiences, including potentially contentious issues
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple, pressing priorities
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
- IT literate
- Ability to be sensitive, diplomatic and engaging
- Ability to beat deadlines and maintain their sense of humour under pressure
- able to travel within Kenya regularly and internationally occasionally
MSK seeks to recruit a Trade Marketing Executive based in Nairobi which is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Channel Lead.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing and execution of trade & market activation strategies for the entire life cycle of all products and services for Marie Stopes International. The goal is to ensure the Annual Business Plan targets are met which include income, sales volume, market share and sustainability.
- Execute Trade Marketing Strategy across a portfolio of products. This includes brand activations, merchandising, POS placement, Market research.
- Support the Brand Marketing process by identifying the key opportunities in Listing and Activations (incorporating understanding on consumers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment).
- Manage activation plans and execute campaigns through effective participation and coordination of BTL activities in the trade.
- Tacking BTL activities performance and ROI; analyses consumer trends, in store visibility activities, sales performances in order to propose new strategies and activities and provide inputs into the yearly strategic & budget exercises.
- Coordinate communication of price, product and pack changes.
- Manage Trade Marketing budget efficiently & ensure cost efficient policies are applied.
- Coordinates activities associated to organization participation at sponsorship events.
- Manage relationship between Marie Stopes International and all activation agencies and the sales team.
- Conduct periodically trade visit in coordination with the sales team.
- Provide market and product related insights vis a vis the competition.
Qualifications ,Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing management or any other relevant discipline from a recognised University.
- 2- 3 years of experience in Trade Marketing in FMCG industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (outgoing personality)
- Experience of project management against set deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and organize workloads independently when required
- Team player and the ability to work across different multi-media platforms and departments
- Ability to problem solve and ‘make things happen’
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse reports
- Event management
Soft skills required for the job:
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2020. The subject of the email should read Head of Policy, External Relations and Health Financing. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and asks its candidates to be compliant with its antifraud & bribery as well as safeguarding policies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.