Latest Jobs at Old Mutual 2019
Career Kenya: Latest Jobs at Old Mutual 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players ; Faulu Microfinance Bank, UAP and Old Mutual, resulting in one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
This role is responsible for reconciling bank, alternative delivery channels and control accounts, remitting insurance premium, deposit confirmations.
- Degree in Business related Studies and oCPA (K) /ACCA
- Demonstrate management abilities
- Reconcile bank and ADC accounts on a daily basis
- Post bank charges and Settlements for internal accounts on a weekly basis
- Ensure all un-reconciled items are investigated and resolved
- File monthly bank and agency reconciliation reports
- Filling bank statements both soft and hard copy
Confirmation & monitoring of deposits
- Daily monitoring of large deposits in banks
- Updating branches on un posted items
- Bankers cheques monitoring and banks confirmations
- Client insurance fund and Last expense remittances
- Accurate computation of premiums and resolution of any variances
- Client insurance fund remittances to insurers
- Last expense remittances
- Computations and advising on the Unutilized credit life premiums
- AML Policy
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable during reconciliations and confirmation of incoming funds
- Preparation of ageing reports
- Preparation on other assets and liabilities schedules
- Bancassurance reporting – preparation of Schedules of Credit Life, Client insurance fund and Last Expense products for submission to Old Mutual.
- Other Roles & responsibilities
- Liaising with internal and External Auditors in carrying out periodical and Year end Audits respectively.
- preparation of Adhoc or special purpose management reports
Reporting to the Senior RM – SME, will be responsible for business development & growth of the Trade Finance working closely with Senior Management, Leadership Team, Branch Management teams, Credit and other stakeholders in the Bank
- Formal training in lending/Relationship management.
- A degree in a business related field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, Business Studies, Economics or Banking/Finance.
- Masters in a business related field.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Proven experience working in a trade finance /structured trade finance operation middle or back office from a bank.
- Comprehensive knowledge of latest UCP/ISBP & URDG758.
- At least 3 years of Trade Finance Sales and Operations experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results
- To implement the Trade Finance strategy in line with the overall Trade Finance Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and aggressive growth of innovative trade finance portfolio.
- Drive the growth of Trade Finance incomes, business volumes and manage the assigned portfolio; from the process of deal origination, structuring and credit approval to contracting and placement ensuring that the process is finalized within optimal time.
- Provide expert advisory services on Trade Finance products, services, solutions and transactions to clients, colleagues and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Prospect for new to bank clients in conjunction with SME head office team and other Relationship Managers to offer innovative and customized solutions.
- Develop, implement and manage a range of innovative Trade Finance products and solutions so as to meet customer requirements and achieve the business objectives.
- Enhance the uptake of Faulu Microfinance Bank Limited Trade Finance products and services by existing and new clients, by providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with other relevant business units in the bank.
- Track customer and competitor activity; analyze the relevant market and industry data to identify opportunities for innovation and business growth.
- Provide training to all bank staff on Trade Finance products
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines.
- Assist to liaise with internal legal/treasury/credit to review/negotiate facility agreement to maximize the workability to the business.
- Liaise with bank to comply with all KYC documents
- Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required by the company.
KEY MEASURABLE KPI’S
- Growth in Trade Finance number of clients
- Growth in customer deposits
- Growth in quality trade finance book
- Timely processing of Trade Finance facilities
- Trade Finance Profitability
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Credit appraisal & approval
- New business acquisition in the Trade Finance sub-segment.
- Ensure customers receive prompt feedback on the fate of their applications.
- Make appropriate recommendations for cases presented to the various Credit Committees especially Credit-Exco and the Board.
- Marketing of the Bank products
- Attracting new businesses and expanding current business.
- Good customer care and relationship management.
- Assisting in the cross-selling of all the Bank products.
- Monitoring and Control of the SME Banking portfolio
- Ensuring compliance with Bank’s Credit Policy and Government regulations.
- Regularly monitor all performing accounts.
- Maintain and evaluate quality of Loans to ensure compliance with lending guidelines.
- Staff functions
- Adopting a proactive and energetic work style to enhance customer/ interdepartmental /branch delight.
- Offer advice to Branches and the SME staff on matters and issues relating to Trade Finance.
- Upholding the required professional and technical knowledge by attending and contributing to the appropriate training programs
- Bankwide AML KYC & CFT Responsibilities
- Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the board
- Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department, Unit or Branch
Interested and qualified? Go to Old Mutual Kenya career website on careers.uapoldmutual.com to apply