Latest Recruitment at Aga Khan University 2020
Career Kenya: Latest Recruitment at Aga Khan University 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Applications are invited from candidates who meet the requirements for the position of Neonatologist in the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Medical College.
The Neonatologist should have excellent training in neonatology and strong interest in teaching at the postgraduate and undergraduate level with expected appointment at Clinical Senior Instructor or Assistant Professor level. More senior applicants will also be considered.
- Join a quality hospital based inpatient and outpatient academic practice.
- Be actively involved in research, teaching, assessment and mentorship of trainees and other staff.
- Work closely with other members of the clinical care team to ensure the highest standard of clinical care and service to patients.
- Advance the practice of newborn services in the region.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) or equivalent;
- MMed in Paediatrics or equivalent.
- Sub-specialty training in neonatology
- Eligible for registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board as a neonatologist
- Past experience in an academic setting would be an asset.
The Aga Khan University, Department of Surgery invites applications for the Full Time Consultant Plastic and Faculty position
- Successful applicants will join a growing and dynamic department committed to advancing best practice in their discipline, expanding services that meet quality and patient service needs within an internationally accredited university hospital with outstanding diagnostic services.
- Successful applicants will develop their academic career in teaching and research.
- In education there is a focus on resident training and the development of fellowship programmes and planned introduction of undergraduate training.
- Applicants must have Specialty Training with a Masters of Medicine or equivalent/recognized qualification, and preferably a fellowship in the relevant specialty.
- S/he must be registered or eligible for registration with Kenya Medical Practitioners’ & Dentists Board as a specialist.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
This position will function as a focal point for project administration in Health Sciences Nairobi (Medical College & School of Nursing and Midwifery). In addition, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes will also be required. The successful candidate will harmonize close working relationship with internal stakeholders, the AKU Research Office, and support services. The individual will act as a liaison officer with the Karachi based office of CoEWCH on all matters pertaining to CoEWCH research governance, strategic planning and training.
- Overall management and administration of CoEWCH activities
- Ensure that adequate controls and resources are in place to support research undertaken within the CoEWCH, including scope of the research activities, types and locations.
- Project management and support and provide oversight of grant opportunities
- Liaise with HR department on matters relating to CoEWCH staff recruitment, plan and leave schedule, liaise with the Director on performance appraisal and staff development as per needs assessments
- Prepare CoEWCH’s annual budget including staffing and capital equipment requirements
- Provide timely, accurate and courteous assistance to all external and internal partners to resolve outstanding issues related to the CoEWCH activities
- Prepare briefings, reports and other documentation as required
- Coordinate the preparation of high quality narrative and financial reports to stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Communicate programme information and status to all relevant parties, providing early warning and escalation of key issues
- Work with AKU communication team to develop powerful case studies, highlighting successful outputs and outcomes of the programmes/projects; updates for the Institutional website-research section
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- At least a Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- A certification in project management
- Completion of a course in Good Clinical Practice will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in research management preferably in academic institutions or Health research project administration
- Working competence with MS Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Scientific report writing skills
- Working skills in data bases would offer advantage