Latest Recruitment at Kisumu County Assembly 2019
Career Kenya: Latest Recruitment at Kisumu County Assembly 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Kisumu County is one of the new devolved counties of Kenya. Its borders follow those of the original Kisumu District, one of the former administrative districts of the former Nyanza Province in western Kenya. Its headquarters is Kisumu City.
- Drafting of Private Members’ Bill
- Drafting of amendments to Bills to be proposed to the House by any Member of County Assembly or any Committee of the County Assembly
- Training of Legal Counsel II (Drafting Services)
- Supervision of Legal Counsel II (Drafting Services)
- Have served in the grade of Legal Counsel II (Drafting Services)/(Litigation)or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum of period of three (3) Years;
- Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized institution
- Have been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Be in Position of a current practicing certificate;
- Have Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications
The office holder shall work directly under and report to the Senior Hansard Editor
- Ensuring timely and accurate transcription of Assembly proceedings;
- Undertaking independent verbatim reporting of Assembly proceedings and those of relevant committees /functions within or outside Assembly;
- Preparing transcripts for editing;
- Sorting , checking transcripts and ensuring accurate transcription; and
- Assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross- checking of documents against
- Be in possession of a Degree in journalism, Mass Communication/linguistics majoring in English and Kiswahili.
- Be in possession in Typing II (30 W.P.M) and Audio Typing I and II;
- Secondary Certificate mean grade C+ (plus)
- Be able to demonstrate good knowledge of legislative procedures and the conduct of Assembly committee business;
- Be computer literate with practical experience.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation;
- Maintaining and updating cash book;
- Posting of support invoices;
- Accounts payable reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly VAT returns;
- Filing of accounting documents;
- Verification of payment vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance , Economics or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must be in possession of at least CPA part II;
- Secondary Certificate mean grade C+(plus);
- Must be computer literate;
- Knowledge of IFMIS is will be an added advantage
The office holder shall work directly under and report to the Principal ICT Officer.
- Cataloguing, coding and classification of library materials;
- Shelving new and returned books and other information materials;
- Filing information materials and publications;
- Retrieving information from the library for use by clients;
- Collecting documents and archiving /preserving information
- Have a Diploma in any of following disciplines:- Library Science, Information Science or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Kenya Certificate of secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade C (plain) with at least a C in Mathematics and either English or Kiswahili;
- Have attended a course in library studies at the Kenya Polytechnic or any other approved institution and awarded a certificate in librarianship;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research , with particular emphasis on information;
- Have a certificate in computer applications
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID);
- Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applications should clearly be marked to;
County Assembly Service Board, Kisumu County Assembly,
P.O. Box 86 – 40100, Kisumu.
and be hand delivered to the office of the speaker/chairman of the County Assembly Service Board located at the Assembly building Kisumu, so as to reach him not later than Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 5.00pm.
Note: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity Employer; canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted