Legal annd Secretariat Associate at KKCO East Africa 2020
Career Kenya: Legal annd Secretariat Associate at KKCO East Africa 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
KKCO East Africa is an independent accounting and advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants situated in Kenya with a vision for significant growth across the continent of Africa. Established in 1985 by two founding partners: Mr Isaiah Kimani and Mr Joshua Kerretts, the firm was known as Kimani Kerretts & Co, which was then rebran…
KKCO East Africa is an independent accounting and advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants situated in Kenya with a vision for significant growth across the continent of Africa. Our secretarial services are offered under Neema Registrars. We seek to hire a result oriented individual for the position of Legal and Secretarial Associate. See details below.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide high quality, timely and effective secretariat support and corporate governance advice to the wide variety of our clients and to support the Partner, Company Secretarial.
- Maintain the relevant Board calendar, with the assistance of the Partner, Company Secretarial to manage meeting notices
- Ensure all decisions of the Board are accurately and appropriately recorded in the minutes of the meetings
- Attend and minute Board Committee meetings, accurately recording decisions and actions in the style and format appropriate to the Committees.
- Prepare reports for the subsequent meetings on the progress of actions and the outcome of decisions. Distribute meeting outcomes and follow-up documentation to all relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Prepare and draft resolutions-in-writing and provide assistance to the business in preparing submissions to the Board
- Ensure the successful delivery of all Board meetings including preparation of documentation and conduct of meetings
- Maintain statutory records for all relevant subsidiary companies
- Manage and coordinate the processing, verification and execution of all material legal documentation on behalf of subsidiary companies
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of any appointments or resignations of directors, ensuring that all governance approvals are satisfied.
- Lead key Secretariat projects as required each year, ensuring a relentless focus on simplicity, agility and strong risk management.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate membership records and meeting attendance of members and record declaration of conflict of interest on the agenda if there is any.
- Prepare the framework for conducting the annual Governance Audit.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and reporting on the regulatory developments and best practice/good corporate governance
- Manage corporate initiatives as directed from time to time.
- File annual returns on e-citizen.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory procedures are followed, including filing as appropriate with the Registrar-General.
- Undertake technical research projects for the Company Secretariat, including those in relation to developments in corporate governance, regulations and best practice.
- Keep abreast with changes in legislations and corporate governance practice.
- Ensure accurate corporate changes are made on e-citizen platform.
- Provide professional support to the Partner, Company Secretarial.
- Assist in client billing and debt collection
- Analyze and advise on corporate and criminal tax and any other legal matters
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Minimal errors in reports and minutes
- Meeting deadline
- Execution on Board resolutions
- Business development and growth
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- CPS finalist
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a legal and secretarial role
- Team leadership and analytical skills
- Good relational skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal